Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Questions about using menu background music in Emulation Station  (Read 3096 times)

Grasshopper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 07:20:31 am
  • life, don't talk to me about life
I'm using a Retropie build based around Emulation Station that provides background music when you're using the menu.

However, I've come across a couple of problems:
  • I want the background music to be different depending upon which theme I'm using. So, for example, if I'm using the NES theme I want the NES background music to play, and if I'm using the SNES theme I want the SNES music to play. Does anyone know whether this is possible?
  • The build is set up to use video snaps. However, when a video starts playing, the background music doesn't stop. So you end up with the menu's background music and the video's sound effects playing simultaneously, which sounds awful. Does anyone know how to stop the menu's background music from playing whilst a video is playing?

Thanks for your help.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson