Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultra Stik 360 Maps  (Read 1743 times)

agent007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2018, 02:06:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultra Stik 360 Maps
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:44 pm »
So i have an ultrastik 360 in my cabinet and an ipac 2. When i go into retroarch and go to play donkey kong it works fin because the default is 4 way. but when i go to play 1943 battle of the midway it is still set for 4 way even though it is an 8 way game, and i cant figure out to have it automatically switch to 8 way. Any help Would Be appreciated.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Ultra Stik 360 Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:14:33 pm »
There are several ways to do this but the main ones are:

U360 can be left as analog all the time and leave MAME to sort things out. This would work but not the most accurate method

Or Configure a suitable front-end program to download the appropriate map to the U360 before each game. This is done using the Ultramap program running as a command line from the front end

Or use the third-party LEDBlinky software which has a feature for automatically downloading the correct map to these sticks.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: Ultra Stik 360 Maps
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:15 am »
I think MAME has most of the games correct. Headkaze has a utility to create maps for MAME format, for those few that may not be - or just to have your own special ones.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=86315.0