Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WINUAE using Attractmode....help  (Read 234 times)

RosscoScot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 11:10:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
WINUAE using Attractmode....help
« on: March 28, 2024, 11:10:26 pm »
Hi There,

I'm a newbie....built a arcade cabinet and trying to get emulators on front end with Attractmode.

Tearing my hair out trying to set up WINUAE....Can anyone help please...I;m desperate.

I'm really not sure where to start, I'd really appreciate any assistance on how to set up

Thanks

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:12 pm
Re: WINUAE using Attractmode....help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 11:32:25 pm »
Hi, welcome to BYOAC!

I thought I'd have a go at helping you - been a few days and nobody else has responded.

Where are you up to? Have you managed to actually start any games with WinUAE? For now I assume you've managed this OK.

Once you have got the WinUAE configuration right, make sure you remember to SAVE it. This will generate a [name].uae file. Keep all your .uae config files in one folder, let's call that "configurations".

Now go to Attract-Mode, press tab to open up the setup menus, go to emulators/WinUAE (or setup a new emulator for WinUAE).

Set the "Rom Path" to be your configurations folder, for example:
C:\Games\winuae\configurations

Set the "Rom Extensions" to ".uae".

Set the "Executable" to be your WinUAE main program file, for example:
C:\Games\winuae\winuae64.exe

Set the "Command Arguments" to:
-config="[rompath][name].uae" --fullscreen

Have added screenshots to help. Sorry about the glare, can't help it at this time of day. Screenshots are taken from my arcade cab with 15khz CRT monitor (converted RGB TV). Layout is the default "Basic" layout.

So far I only have two Amiga games setup (Paradroid 90 & It Came From the Desert), favourites I used to play with my mates back in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm not really a WinUAE expert! Paradroid 90 is brilliant to play on a cab with joystick. It Came From the Desert is a bit clunky but works fine - much like it was on the Amiga originally anyway lol.

My games are setup to run from floppy disc images - If you want to emulate lots more Amiga games, or games with many discs, you probably should explore the Amiga WHDload as well (which will run games from virtual hard drive). The process for setting up Attract-Mode should be identical.

If you want to know more about setting up WinUAE, I suggest you start by watching some of MikeyGRetro's videos on YT.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 11:40:53 pm by Zebidee »
Check out my completed projects!