Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Multiple IPAC Ultimate I/O boards  (Read 5438 times)

MFfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2021, 11:44:44 pm
Multiple IPAC Ultimate I/O boards
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »
This post is more for visibility into the issue that I was having.  I have two IPAC Ultimate I/O boards on a 4 player setup plus pinball buttons, and of course you need more than one LED controller to handle all of the outputs.  So, the issue was that when you use the PACLED64 program to change the Controller ID, it will be greyed out and you pretty much couldnt do anything.  Whichever board you plug in first, your PC will only recognize that one.  When you go into LEDBlinky and use Generate LEDBlinky input map, it will only see the first board you plug in and if you try to add the second one, it will not be active on Controller ID 2. 

To fix this, you need special firmware from Ultimarc/Andy that will overwrite the given controller ID to be #2 instead of #1.  I had to use Winipac V2(Run as administrator) to do the firmware upgrade, also make sure that whatever I/O board you want to be Controller #2, only plug that one in before the upgrade just in case you had a preference of which is #1 or #2.  Probably doesnt matter but hey, worth a shot to mention.  I sent emails to Andy for several days(time zone difference) to hash it out and we finally got it working.  I saw a post explaining this whole process but it was nested inside another post and I just wanted to hopefully save the next person time beating their head against a wall trying to figure out why both boards arent working at the same time.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: Multiple IPAC Ultimate I/O boards
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:11:25 am »
I’m confused as to why you need two I/O boards for a 4p CP. I made a 4p cab and only used one I/O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MFfan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2021, 11:44:44 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:51:31 am »
The reason why I need that is because I have a total of 46 LED outputs needed and the IPAC Ultimate I/O can only handle 32 per board. 7 buttons on P1 and P2 = 14, P3 and P4 4 each x2 = 8, each joystick needs 1 each x4 = 4, trackball needs 1, 2 buttons above the trackball, 3 function buttons, START, EXIT, PAUSE, start and coin buttons for each player, 2 a piece = 8, 5 pinball buttons(left flipper, right flipper, plunger, left tilt, right tilt) = 5, and 1 cabinet LED for a strip underneath = 46.  Originally i left out the start buttons, but once i passed the threshold of 32 and knew I needed another board, i said F it and filled in the gaps of other places i could use them. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:29:31 pm by MFfan »

exothermicboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2018, 10:53:39 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 04:23:19 am »
Would it be possible to share this firmware please? I have bought two boards and am having the same issue

marcux

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2020, 12:45:17 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:46 pm »
Hi, may I also get the ID2 firmware as well? I have 2 ipac ultimates and can't use them, and andy is away for 3 weeks.. nothing I can do.

Xerobull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 02:07:05 pm
  • Push it to the limit.
    • Pedestal Xero
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 06:17:25 pm »
Hey, folks, figured I would chime in for anyone else who had a massive control panel and needed this specialized firmware.

Hosted here.

I don't check these forums terribly much- only when I'm working on my cabs and need some reference. If the above link is gone, you can always email Andy at Ultimarc- he is always great about responding ASAP. You can reach him at Andy@ultimarc.com