Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: So is there anything good coming to the switch?  (Read 2633 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
So is there anything good coming to the switch?
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:29:16 pm »
So I'm done with Odyssey and I'm about to go into Arms.  Is there anything on the Switch right now or something coming that I'm not aware of?  The Wii U ports don't interest me as I played those games on a dual screen console as they were intended to be played and have no interest in playing these bastardized versions.  I know that Metroid Prime 4 is waaaaaay down the pipe, but other than that I'm struggling to find games. 

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: So is there anything good coming to the switch?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:20:23 pm »
New yoshi an kirby games look good. But easy. Would be nice to have a new donkey kong country. Super meatboy forever looks good as well.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:28:47 pm »
I heard good things about Lost Sphear, it’s being referred to as the successor to Crono Trigger/Cross.

I’ve been hooked on Darkest Dungeon lately. I never bought it for ps4 or PC, but I feel it’s a good fit on the portability of the Switch. The game is tough as nails, and beats you down right from the get-go. But if you’re not the squeamish type and see difficulty as a challenge, once you get the ebb and flow of this game, you’ll figure out how to survive easily.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »
New yoshi an kirby games look good. But easy. Would be nice to have a new donkey kong country.

Yeah the trouble with those games is you usually pay 60 bucks for about 6 hours of game.  They are of a decent size, but like you say, they are so easy you can usually blow right through them. 

vwalbridge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:53:10 pm »
Ever wanted to learn to play the piano on cardboard?
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 02:10:29 am »
I'm looking forward to labo actually.  I'll need to see more of the actual games, but if the motorcycle game is decent and/or the robot, I'm in.  I think that experience is going to be more like wii sports was though, so it probably won't have enough meat on it for substantial play.  Well, for an adult at least.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 11:36:52 am »
What?  You mean Nintendo released a new system and there isn't ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- to play for a year?   :lol