Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Grid....  (Read 182377 times)

Arroyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:59:27 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: The Grid....
« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2019, 09:07:22 am »
You know it's funny, I never thought of the box as being creative I just drew in Sketchup what I thought would functionally work, and largely copied what I saw in Nintendo cabs, but hey cheers  :cheers:

Now there is some fine woodworking :)

I've got a good teacher  ;)

I also just reread your rotating monitor tutorial and I'm getting excited to see the finished product.

At this point just seeing it IRL is keeping me going, I've been carrying around this image in my head way too long, I want to be able to point to it rather than explain it, ya know?

I always have a thin layer of coins to the bottom of the my coin box in my DK so when the quarter/token drops it makes the right sound.

Wife said the exact same thing when I showed her, "sounds kinda hollow".   :lol

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:34:28 am by Arroyo »

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:23 am »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:24:48 am by bperkins01 »
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:54 am »
I always have a thin layer of coins to the bottom of the my coin box in my DK so when the quarter/token drops it makes the right sound.

Yea - I did this too..    I got  "Very nice sweetie.."  hours of work and pride..  then a little pat on the head..    very similar to..  "the lawn looks nice.."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:25:54 am by bperkins01 »
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2019, 10:09:11 am »

Yea - I did this too..    I got  "Very nice sweetie.."  hours of work and pride..  then a little pat on the head..    very similar to..  "the lawn looks nice.."

I got a "your arcade cabinets are just fine" after I told her the turkey "tasted fine" on Thanksgiving.  Ouch.

gingecko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2022, 04:11:37 pm
  • I'm working on it!
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2019, 11:02:16 am »
You know it's funny, I never thought of the box as being creative I just drew in Sketchup what I thought would functionally work, and largely copied what I saw in Nintendo cabs, but hey cheers  :cheers:

:cheers:

Probably partially because I haven't tackled that part yet, and am also missing a coin box. So I took even more notice.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 05:26:12 pm
  • ...but this one goes to 11.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161694.0.html
    • V E R T E X G U Y - The Online Portfolio of Chris Kline
« Reply #445 on: January 04, 2020, 02:31:14 pm »
This build is looking really sick!  I love the Tron look and how you are going out of your way to capture that glowing digital theme.  For what it's worth I thought your original artwork attempt looked pretty good too.  Your 3D design work is great with all the detail.  The only food for thought I could offer you at this time is the placement of the Tron stick on the CP.

I debated this one for a while on my build design too.  What I don't like is that it's really tall and way too close to the screen.  This obscures the screen which bothers me.  From any reasonable distance it's a big obstruction but even up close playing it will get in the way.  If you look at the original Tron cab, the bezel was fairly high from the CP up to where the actual screen started.  That plus the angle of the screen. and the fact that it was one player at a time cab design helped keep the stick from obscuring the screen for the player.

I would be bothered especially when trying to play other games since the vast majority won't utilize that stick.  This in part is why I decided to go with a mini grip stick to keep it shorter, and pushed it as far down the CP as I could so it won't obscure anything and even looks decent from a far.  You can probably still get it to work nicely with an authentic Tron stick if you play with the position and maybe raise the screen a bit.

Definitely following this thread for other ideas and wood working concepts!  Can't wait until you get to cabinet lighting as that's a big unknown for me.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2020, 01:42:51 am »
Jesus has it really been a month?  Time fly’s when you are constantly hosting people for 3 weeks straight, but hey that’s what it’s all about, drinking beers and playing games!

The only food for thought I could offer you at this time is the placement of the Tron stick on the CP.

Thanks for chiming in Vertexguy, it’s a good thought and one I grappled over for many an hour.  Ultimately I think it will be fine.  I used the Mannequins (Bi-pods?) to give me a sense of the perspective by taking advantage of SketchUp’s look around feature:

What I do is zoom inside the head of the Mannequin, and once I am at the eyes I hide it and look around from the fixed position to see if I notice any problems.  Works well for me, and yeah the Tron stick was a concern but it should be fine.  I guess you never truly know until you build it. :dunno:

I managed to take advantage of the time off and get a lot done.  Hopefully this isn’t too long of a post but I don’t want to miss documenting stuff, so here goes….

I needed to get over my fear of laminating things so I decided on a test piece:

I’d been using that board for all kinds of testing and it seemed a perfect fit to try this out. 

I had order a few rolls of 4’x8’ Matte black Vertical Grade Wilson Art laminate I bought at Cabinet parts.com.  This should be a perfect fit with the 3/4” plywood which is really closer to 0.72”.  When mated with the laminate on both sides it should make a near perfect 0.75” for the T-Molding.

Anyway:

White color pencil outline, and cut out with a straight edge and the laminate cutter that I referenced on post #154.  Also on Post #154 is a GREAT tutorial bay Szabo’s arcades on laminate application, everything you would hope to know.

Bought some 1” PVC pipe like suggested in the video and chopped it up with this hand saw from Home Depot into 4ft pieces.

Bought the contact cement and foam rollers from Amazon.

Applied cement, waited, and followed the application techniques called out in the video.  Trimmed with Router an flush trim bit to fit.

I wanted to test this test piece to see how various cutting methods would hold up in the laminate.
First was using the track saw cutting from the top laminate side:

This created some chipping (although mild, but still noticeable):

Tried flipping over the piece and this got better results (which makes sense since the blade would cut the laminate into the wood rather than pulling it up off the wood):

Better results:

Also wanted to test cutting lines with the saw and drilling, overall the laminate held up really well:

That’s that the track saw at 1/4” depth and a 6mm drill bit (supported by  previously drilled 6mm hole in plywood clamped above).

This gave me confidence to try it out on the actual pieces:

Used the previous router templates as guides for cutting and left a 1.5” fudge factor on the cutout when applying:

Pleased with the results after trimming with flush cut router:

Next was assembly.  As usual Bob was a big help pointing me in the right direction.  I needed to attach the big panel sides to the small box below.  Threaded insert seemed the way to go.  So as per his suggestion went with 1/4-20 screws and corresponding 1/4-20 threaded inserts (1/2” length).

These are designed to screw into the front of the panel (closest to the piece it will be attached to).  In my usual over engineering, and paranoia, I was concerned about this being strong enough (looking after testing it probably is, but I like to go overkill).  So I tried a few different ideas to attach from the back side, one of which was T-Nuts, which would probably work well, however they weren’t attached all that well to the wood, jus the spikes sticking in, and the screw would push them back out often.

So I came up with the idea to use the screw to pull in the threaded inserts from the back (they aren’t designed to do this, and if you pick them up you will know what I mean).  This way the more it gets screwed in the more it tightens into the wood (as they were designed to do from the other side).  Hard to explain but hopefully the vide helps:

I drilled a 3/8” forstner, then a 1/4” forstner, and then added a 1/2” forester on top to prevent the screw in from bending the wood in when it got sucked down.  Here’s the result:

Bob gave me the tip of using a wax toilet bowl ring to lubricate the inserts before screwing them in, and it definitely helped:

Applied this technique to the lower and upper half:

The washers around the screws above are called finish washers and they are awesome!

And in case there was any concern the Quality Control Crew is all over this build:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:51:25 am by Arroyo »

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #447 on: January 08, 2020, 01:49:53 am »

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #448 on: January 08, 2020, 10:55:50 am »
Fine work sir! 

Nice collection of tools and little helpers  :applaud:
Solid execution

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:51:45 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2020, 10:59:10 am »
His quality control experts are top notch. I have met them.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2020, 11:44:43 am »
Looks great Arroyo - you are really making progress now!

A tip with the lamination that has really helped me in the past is to cover all lines you want to cut with painter's tape before cutting.  This really reduces chipping. 

:cheers:

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2020, 10:26:23 am »
:cheers:  feels like I can finally get moving on this thing now that it’s in one piece.  Thanks for the tip & the support guys.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2020, 10:55:11 am »

Nice work Arroyo!  I could make this picture the background on my phone.   :cheers:

adamcian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 12:14:33 am
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2020, 07:58:53 pm »
Kudos to you on the build so far! Best pro tip I heard (and swear by) a long time ago for cutting laminate/melamine, especially with a track saw (I have the same Festool), is to put down blue painters tape over the cut line on both sides. Works wonders to keep the laminate edges from chipping against the blade. At some point I’ll eventually post my project instead of just lurking here and you can see some examples ;)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2020, 08:45:39 am »
Nice work Arroyo!  I could make this picture the background on my phone.   :cheers:

Something tells me you’ve got plenty in your album collection  ;)

Kudos to you on the build so far! Best pro tip I heard (and swear by) a long time ago for cutting laminate/melamine, especially with a track saw (I have the same Festool), is to put down blue painters tape over the cut line on both sides. Works wonders to keep the laminate edges from chipping against the blade. At some point I’ll eventually post my project instead of just lurking here and you can see some examples ;)

Thanks, yeah I wanted to see what I could get away with, without needing to use tape.  If I need it I will lay it down on some cuts.  I wanted to experiment and see what worked without needing it, but good to know it will work in other situations.  Post your work!

I’ve been pretty limited on time, but I managed to get enough done that it’s worth posting (I think).

I wanted to tackle the speaker area, as I knew it was going to be difficult. 

First was laminating the panel, which seemingly wasn’t a big deal, except that one of the sides (well two but I neglected it) was at a severe angel (60 degrees).  So using the usual flush trim bit wasn’t going to work as there wasn’t a surface for the bearing of the bit to ride on.  So I used I method I’d seen done on other builds:

Laid down the laminate, and trimmed all sides Except the one with the angle.  Used the Kreg Straight clamp and lined up the side with the edge of the piece (see pic above).  Then flipped it over and used the router and top bearing flush trim bit to cut a perfect straight edge:

Next was tackling the speaker and discs.  I knew that I wanted this to be as clean as possible which initially led me down the path of inserting the 5.25” speaker grills from the under side of the panel to give a clean look:

Looked pretty good, but it created a few problems.  1.) Was the mounting depth for screws was little (to not poke out the other side to the laminate).  2.) The speaker grills didn’t quite mount as high up as I wanted to make it look cool with the discs. 

BTW - After lifting the piece off of my pivot point from the circle jig I realized I hadn’t initially cut the hole big enough.  I hadn’t marked the lines for the circle so I needed to find center again.  I picked up a neat trick from javeryh, which is to draw 90 degree straight lines just touching the outside of the circle until you have a square.  Then use a ruler to connect the diagonals and find center:

(Hopefully the picture describes it).

Anyway what I settled on was the speaker grill actually looked best when it was mounted On Top of the laminate as it was higher up and filled the hole in the discs better.  BUT I needed a way to secure the speaker discs.  I grappled over this for a long time.  I wanted something that would be strong but the least invasive on the material.  I settled on using the existing screw holes.  The problem was I needed to match the screw that it came with only in a longer version.

To do this I needed to know the thread count an size of the screw. 

I picked this thread gauge up a while ago when doing research on screws:

it measures the thread count or “Pitch” (depending on if we are talking US or metric) so that you know if you are getting the correct screw.  Next thing you have to ensure is the diameter of the screw (furthest points meaning including the threads, I used calipers to get this).  Once you have that you can look up online the standard diameter notation and the thread count.  This one happened to be #4 (0.11” and 25 thread count).  I couldn’t find an exact match, however I found out that sheet metal screws could easily be found in #4 with a 24 thread count.  Because of having this tool I realized that the screw would work with a 24 thread count (at least for the distance I needed).  So I ordered 1 1/4” and went to work:

Sharpied the inside black and Voila:

Very happy with how this came out.  Now to finish the other disc and move on to finishing up the body and acrylic work.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:00:56 am by Arroyo »

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2020, 09:00:24 am »
Very nice  :applaud:

Can you post a pic of this at a different (flatter angle) from a little further back?  I'm still trying to see the big picture.  Very clean install.

added bonus point is with some power   ;)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2020, 09:08:58 am »
Very nice  :applaud:

Can you post a pic of this at a different (flatter angle) from a little further back?  I'm still trying to see the big picture.

You mean where the discs meets the surface of the laminate?  Or just zoomed out to see the whole piece, or both?

added bonus point is with some power   ;)

Hehe, you are gettin greedy now ;-).

I’ll see what I can do, definitely will once it’s fully mounted.

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2020, 09:10:54 am »
Zoomed out a bit - us old guys can't see that close w/o our reading glasses  :P

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2020, 09:31:22 am »
Wow Arroyo - this is awesome.  Your lines are so clean.  Really nice work.

I have a question about how you laminated that angled edge.  Did you end up with the laminate also being angled or does the laminate just sit on top of the angled piece of wood?  I attached a pic.  I'm going to be laminating 2 pieces of wood that meet at an angle - not sure how to get a perfect seam.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2020, 10:03:30 am »

I have a question about how you laminated that angled edge.  Did you end up with the laminate also being angled or does the laminate just sit on top of the angled piece of wood?  I attached a pic.  I'm going to be laminating 2 pieces of wood that meet at an angle - not sure how to get a perfect seam.

When I did my cabinet I laminated the MDF first and then made the angle cuts on the table saw.  Delicate cuts to be sure but it came out great.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:51:45 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #460 on: January 23, 2020, 10:04:47 am »

When I did my cabinet I laminated the MDF first and then made the angle cuts on the table saw.  Delicate cuts to be sure but it came out great.

This.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #461 on: January 23, 2020, 10:05:13 am »
Arroyo your routing is like watching an artist.  Just beautiful.   :applaud:

I like your solution for mounting the discs better than what I came up with.  In your pics are the discs turned on?  The outer rim looks much nicer/whiter than mine.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #462 on: January 23, 2020, 11:48:48 am »
The disc is on a test piece at the moment as I’m contemplating routing down some material to inlay the discs a bit rather then being flush mounted. 

@javery - The laminate trim was like the top one in your image as I had already cut the wood, so the router cut it straight.  Honestly though it’s so thin I don’t even know if you could tell.  Also if it was exposed in anyway then it would be a cutting risk (this stuff is sharp!).

I imagine you can cut it fine as wp34 suggested (would be one less step), only concern I’d have is that the blade count and speed would be high enough that it wouldn’t induce chipping.  I suppose the painters tape would help, or if you were cutting down on the laminate into the wood (as I mentioned on the previous post).

Nah the lights aren’t on in the picture, looking forward to firing them up in the future!

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #463 on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:44 am »
Here’s a pic of that angled cut:

If you look close you can see the cut is perpendicular on the laminate.  This DID end up creating a small gap when I place it flush with the wood piece that rests on the angle.  There is a little wood color that sticks out.  I’ll sharpie color this in, but yeah probably would have come out better if I laminated then made the angle cut.....so hard to see that far ahead.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #464 on: January 24, 2020, 11:55:25 am »

What I do is zoom inside the head of the Mannequin, and once I am at the eyes I hide it and look around from the fixed position to see if I notice any problems.  Works well for me, and yeah the Tron stick was a concern but it should be fine.  I guess you never truly know until you build it. :dunno:

That's a great approach for general accuracy, but consider kid height views as well in the equation.  Also be cautious about the biped accuracy because as I discovered with mine, it didn't appear they would reach the CP correctly at the height I had it at, yet in real life it was fine.  That's one thing I liked about doing a prototype CP with cardboard.  Easy to test with a variety of users in mind.  Also it depends if it bothers you looking at the cab from a distance with it obscuring some of the screen.  BTW does your tron stick rotate left and right at all?  That's one thing I'm not sure I like about the mini grip stick I got.

Speaker assembly is looking great!  You're making me want to consider options for my own.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2020, 12:51:39 pm »
That's a great approach for general accuracy, but consider kid height views as well in the equation. 

That’s a good point, I’m sure the kiddos will have it blocked....oh well they’ll grow ;-)

BTW does your tron stick rotate left and right at all?  That's one thing I'm not sure I like about the mini grip stick I got.

Yeah, if you look at post #67 I installed a U360 at the base of the Tron stick which means I can get rotational movement, analog movement, and control 4/8 way switching on a per game basis.  This should be great for flight games that use analog controls, and allow it to play Tron/Discs of Tron on one stick (would be pretty difficult without)

Speaker assembly is looking great!  You're making me want to consider options for my own.

Cheers, it’s been fun to cook up. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2020, 01:58:54 pm »
Yeah, if you look at post #67 I installed a U360 at the base of the Tron stick which means I can get rotational movement, analog movement, and control 4/8 way switching on a per game basis.  This should be great for flight games that use analog controls, and allow it to play Tron/Discs of Tron on one stick (would be pretty difficult without)

I saw that but didn't fully understand.  So a U360 will work as an analog stick?  If I can modify the mini grip in a similar way easily enough that sounds like a way better solution for that spot.  Especially if you can also easily control 4/8 way physical restricting?  I'm guessing you'd want it 4 way most of the time?

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2020, 02:12:46 pm »
I saw that but didn't fully understand.  So a U360 will work as an analog stick?

Yup that’s one of its main purposes.

Especially if you can also easily control 4/8 way physical restricting?  I'm guessing you'd want it 4 way most of the time?

It’s Software restriction.  Although you can put in physical restricters, it’s intention is to be mainly 8 way and then do software restriction for 4 way games.

By the way do you have a twin in Colorado named Charles?:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=435573

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2020, 02:34:55 pm »

If you look close you can see the cut is perpendicular on the laminate.  This DID end up creating a small gap when I place it flush with the wood piece that rests on the angle.  There is a little wood color that sticks out.  I’ll sharpie color this in, but yeah probably would have come out better if I laminated then made the angle cut.....so hard to see that far ahead.

Nice pic!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  The laminate is so thin I'm sure you won't even notice the gap.  What's on the other end?  If you cut off 0.039" to get the laminate angled will it affect anything?   :cheers:

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2020, 02:35:14 pm »
It’s Software restriction.  Although you can put in physical restricters, it’s intention is to be mainly 8 way and then do software restriction for 4 way games.

I didn't think that was the same as an analog stick with potentiometers?  It can detect degrees of partial stick movement and emulators read it as analog input?

By the way do you have a twin in Colorado named Charles?:

Nope or I'd have him help me move my cab around. ;)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2020, 03:06:36 pm »
Nice pic!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  The laminate is so thin I'm sure you won't even notice the gap.  What's on the other end?  If you cut off 0.039" to get the laminate angled will it affect anything?   :cheers:

Probably could.  I’d just be worried about chipping it as there is a lot of time into this piece at this point.  Also the angle of the cut means I’d have to mount the piece on a side table as I did when I first cut it.  I’ve taken that setup down now so don’t really want to have to repeat it.  It’s such a small gap that I don’t think it’s worth the effort.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2020, 03:13:49 pm »
I didn't think that was the same as an analog stick with potentiometers?  It can detect degrees of partial stick movement and emulators read it as analog input?

Not the same method but same result.  Rather then using potentiometers the stick uses a magnet at the bottom.  The sensor PCB underneath the magnet detects the magnetic field and uses that variance in field strength to detect and measure partial stick movement.

Check out Ultimarc’s website for more info:
https://www.ultimarc.com/arcade-controls/joysticks/ultrastik-360/

BTW- that idea of using that flight stick of yours with the U360 is what he is offering on the website (see above link).

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:50:59 pm by Arroyo »

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2020, 04:17:15 pm »
BTW- that idea of suing that flight stick of yours with the U360 is what he is offering on the website (see above link).

Nice!  Not sure how I missed that one.  Guess I have to place another order with Andy soon.   Currently showing out of stock though.  I''m now wondering if a 4/8 way stick will work well as a throttle / gear shift control for a lot of these games.  Or I guess another ultrastick might work if it needs an analog type input, but i think some are micro switch driven?  Not sure about games like afterburner.  Got any thoughts on supporting throttles with your cab?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:19:25 pm by vertexguy »

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »
Got any thoughts on supporting throttles with your cab?

The U360 can handle that, but yeah if you want the flight stick to control direction and a acceleration that would be a problem.

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2020, 05:16:06 pm »
The U360 can handle that, but yeah if you want the flight stick to control direction and a acceleration that would be a problem.

I was hoping to use the flightstick for direction / shooting and either P1 or P2's joystick as a throttle for games like Afterburner.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #475 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:34 am »

I was hoping to use the flightstick for direction / shooting and either P1 or P2's joystick as a throttle for games like Afterburner.

I’m sure there is a way to do it software wise I just haven’t looked into it yet.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2020, 11:03:52 am »
Alright Bobby, here you go:

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2020, 11:10:13 am »
ok - that is very badass! 

:applaud:

You made a whole pile of people happy this AM  :)

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2020, 11:15:08 am »

There is a way to do this after the fact:
Leave the laminate a little long and you can do it two ways:  small SHARP block plane, or sandpaper in a sanding block..
The laminate is so thin just a few swipes to knock off the corner.  Sharpie works well too..  Its a tiny gap. 

vertexguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2020, 01:20:35 pm »

That is bad ass!  Can't wait to see it in the dark.  :cheers: