Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mario Kart Arcade GP DX  (Read 38166 times)

bcgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2021, 02:33:37 pm
Re: Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2018, 07:01:10 pm »
Is there a way to use xbox360 and configure it without having to use a separate launcher for this game?

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:35:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:40 pm »
Thanks fella, currently trying to resolve my sega rally 3 issue but will get to this.  Great tip about google!  Thanks for the fast reply, really appreciate it

No problem. Sorry I wasn't clear though--I just did an edit. Only change one of the machines from 1 to 2. That number is the cabinet ID.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 05:49:21 pm
  • ...this course is really tough!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 12:32:22 am »
This crashes for me after racing a handful of courses or just letting it stay on the attract mode for a few minutes. Am I alone here or is this normal?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 12:43:18 pm »
Is there a way to use xbox360 and configure it without having to use a separate launcher for this game?

No.

bcgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 11:48:57 pm »
Ok!
I managed to get it going
Everything is unlocked
One major problem, while the gameplay is totally fine
My player (doesn’t matter who I choose and what CC) is slow
Slow as in the other players are so far gone you can’t even see them

I’m using an Xbox 360 wireless everything seems to be working good
But why am I going so slow?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 12:47:17 am »
you have the gas and brake in the same trigger Z so you are only getting half gas not full gas. thats why you are going slow

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 02:15:10 am »
You know, after all of these years you would think Microsoft would update the xinput drivers so that you could split the axis via software. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2018, 12:52:08 pm »
FYI, My YouTube channel just got slapped with a copyright strike from some wankers called the 'Association of Copyright for Computer Software' because of a video I put up of this game. If anyone here's got any videos of it you might want to take them down to avoid a similar fate.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:55:08 pm by MrThunderwing »

bcgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2018, 05:00:42 pm »
you have the gas and brake in the same trigger Z so you are only getting half gas not full gas. thats why you are going slow

Im still trying to figure out this x/y axis
So with the Xbox I can’t use the L/R triggers for gas /brake? How would you recommend mapping them?

And in regards to teknoparrot, should all 4 of the boxes be checked? (Full axis gas/brake, reverse axis gas/brake?
Thanks in advance I’ve never had good luck understanding x/y axis stuff

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2018, 06:23:36 pm »

Im still trying to figure out this x/y axis
So with the Xbox I can’t use the L/R triggers for gas /brake? How would you recommend mapping them?

And in regards to teknoparrot, should all 4 of the boxes be checked? (Full axis gas/brake, reverse axis gas/brake?
Thanks in advance I’ve never had good luck understanding x/y axis stuff

Don't check any of those boxes. Just Map the left trigger to brake and the right trigger to gas in the controls section, thats it.

bcgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2018, 07:29:42 pm »
THANK YOU!

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:32 pm »
FYI, My YouTube channel just got slapped with a copyright strike from some wankers called the 'Association of Copyright for Computer Software' because of a video I put up of this game. If anyone here's got any videos of it you might want to take them down to avoid a similar fate.

Hope nothing more serious comes of it. Nintendo are whinging little bitches when it comes to free promotion of their IP.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 05:04:10 pm »
Nah, nothing serious really, just a slap on the wrists and a single copyright strike which'll be removed in three months time. And yes, you're certainly right about Nintendo. They are positively draconian about YouTube.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2018, 12:52:27 am »
So, possibly a general Teknoparrot issue, but...

I'm trying to run TP games like MKDX on 15kHz CRT monitors, so the highest resolution i can do is 800x600. I've changed the lines in the Data\system\config\default config.csv file, and the display comes up fine at 800x600. BUT, it's not scaling, so i can only see the top left three-fifths of the game.

Anyone have any ideas about scaling it to be the right size?

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2018, 10:54:30 am
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2018, 01:26:54 pm »
just a thought but have you run the gane exe outside TP to see if it displays correctly?  Least that way you know if it is TP causing it or not

Insayne

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2022, 04:19:53 pm
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 03:46:58 am »
Does the "M Switch" work for anyone? I suppose its the Mario Button, its supposed to go "down" on the character select, yet it does nothing. Also i think its used to throw bananas, but i am not sure. Certain items, like the fireball have a red and green direction shown, yet i cant figure out how to shoot forward/backward for certain items. Any help would be appreciated.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:40 am »
Does the "M Switch" work for anyone? I suppose its the Mario Button, its supposed to go "down" on the character select, yet it does nothing. Also i think its used to throw bananas, but i am not sure. Certain items, like the fireball have a red and green direction shown, yet i cant figure out how to shoot forward/backward for certain items. Any help would be appreciated.

The M button is used to throw all items, there is no forward and backward throwing, each item is either a forward item or a backward item. And you go down in the character select by going all the way to the right past the last character and the cursor will drop to the next line.

cyberdragon56

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2018, 12:59:59 am
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 01:00:15 am »
Just curious but has anyone else had an issue where after making it to 100cc the Robo yoshi stops appearing and you can't unlock anything else? I've barely unlocked any karts and items and now no matter how many races I win I can't unlock anything.  ???

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 11:37:20 am »
I still cant find the decrypted exe for the game  :'(

What makes you thinK you need a dycrypted exe?

Insayne

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2022, 04:19:53 pm
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 12:24:43 pm »
Just curious but has anyone else had an issue where after making it to 100cc the Robo yoshi stops appearing and you can't unlock anything else? I've barely unlocked any karts and items and now no matter how many races I win I can't unlock anything.  ???

I do, but i thought that maybe you only get yoshi in 50cc or 150cc, or i need more mario coins. But i noticed in 100cc i didnt get to spend any so far. Not done any extensive testing.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 02:52:07 pm »
Your probably reading that on ***. There was someone claiming that you could play the game without teknoparrot but most people said it was BS. All you need it the game and Teknoparrot. No hex edit, no decrypting anything...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:38:20 pm by BadMouth »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »
^ What he said. Just point Teknoparrot at your game exe and you should be good to go.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2018, 11:01:07 am »
isnt unneeded censorship stupid?

Anyfart. I'll give it a go. Haven't had much time to work on anything,what little time I did have I spent trying to figure out why I cant keep my "card" in Initial D 7. I done everything the threads say to do but every time I start it up I have to start over.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2018, 01:26:58 am »
Anyone get keyboard left/right to work for steering and if so, how?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2018, 01:46:42 am »
Anyone get keyboard left/right to work for steering and if so, how?

If you're having trouble binding to keyboard consider using something like UCR - that utility will let you bind keys to joystick axes via the virtual joystick driver vjoy. You use the v-joy feeder app to bind the controls in TP.

seam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 10:16:02 pm
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 06:49:30 pm »
I rather listen to the female japanese announcer throughout the game vs the annoying male english announcer from the other MK arcade game

Yeah I think the English version of GPDX has kind of an annoying announcer as well, but I still kind of hope that version comes to Teknoparrot at some point. I've heard in later versions of the game they added real drifting and stuff too. But for now I will take what I can get and be happy to get it.  :)

From what I've heard the English version isn't as good apparently missing features the jap version got

I just hacked it to get rid of the female announcer. She was annoying

how do u remove the announcer? just rename some wav files or what

seam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 10:16:02 pm
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
2 additional questions. how the heck do you do local multiplayer? i cant find any info on the teknoparrot wiki about this, or using their steam online multiplayer stuff either. And does saving work properly in this game? Like can you unlock everthing just by playing through, or do you have to use the 100% save file provided in the teknoparrot wiki. I have read a few claims that unlocking stops working after a while. Thanks for any help.

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2018, 11:35:28 pm »
I'm trying to launch the version 1.10 with the latest Teknoparrot 1.61 Hotfix and I just the the screens in the attachments for a few seconds and then the little window which says 'game running' and the screen on the right just disappear but the game doesn't start.

A few months ago I installed all the recommended Microsoft packages, etc... and at the time, at least it was launching (although it was stuck in a black screen with a Japanese woman talking something), but the new versions don't reach that point even...

Have you ever seen that issue? or do you know what it could be?

PS: I just saw they're talking about MK DX in another forum, asking there as well in case they know. I'll update here if I get any further. Or pls let me know if you can think of anything I could try to see if the game launches...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:42:22 pm by mickael28 »

jacko1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:25:03 pm
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 12:48:03 am »
I'm trying to launch the version 1.10 with the latest Teknoparrot 1.61 Hotfix and I just the the screens in the attachments for a few seconds and then the little window which says 'game running' and the screen on the right just disappear but the game doesn't start.

A few months ago I installed all the recommended Microsoft packages, etc... and at the time, at least it was launching (although it was stuck in a black screen with a Japanese woman talking something), but the new versions don't reach that point even...

Have you ever seen that issue? or do you know what it could be?

PS: I just saw they're talking about MK DX in another forum, asking there as well in case they know. I'll update here if I get any further. Or pls let me know if you can think of anything I could try to see if the game launches...
So before or now, you've never seen the actual game come up?

mickael28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2018, 04:50:27 pm »

A few months ago (with a different version of the game and a different Teknoparrot version) I saw the game launching (and getting stuck in a black screen with a woman speaking Japanese), now with the latest 1.10 JAP version of the game and Teknoparrot 1.61 (or 1.58), the game has never launched. I just see those 2 ms-dos screens and then one of the crashes and the game never starts :S

jacko1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2018, 04:22:01 am »

A few months ago (with a different version of the game and a different Teknoparrot version) I saw the game launching (and getting stuck in a black screen with a woman speaking Japanese), now with the latest 1.10 JAP version of the game and Teknoparrot 1.61 (or 1.58), the game has never launched. I just see those 2 ms-dos screens and then one of the crashes and the game never starts :S
Is there an English version?

I'm new to this stuff, but Mario Kart DX was actually one of the easiest to get running, I don't think I did any patches or anything to it, I think it just ran the first time.  I tested it on 2 PCs with Teknoparrot 1.61, both Windows 7 64-bit, one was a fresh install and the other an old system so not as "clean".  One has a GTX 1050 Ti and the other an RX 460, so both AMD and Nvidia work for me.  No idea if it could be firewall related, but on both I have firewall completely off.  I don't run it as administrator but if you haven't tried that you could give it a shot.  There was a game I tried many times over many days to get working and one day I decided oh try run as admin, and that was all it took to make it work.

Not sure if that's any help to you but I can also check where I got the dump from and see if we are using the same one.

mickael28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2018, 10:25:40 pm »

I'm new to this stuff, but Mario Kart DX was actually one of the easiest to get running, I don't think I did any patches or anything to it, I think it just ran the first time.  I tested it on 2 PCs with Teknoparrot 1.61, both Windows 7 64-bit, one was a fresh install and the other an old system so not as "clean".  One has a GTX 1050 Ti and the other an RX 460, so both AMD and Nvidia work for me.  No idea if it could be firewall related, but on both I have firewall completely off.  I don't run it as administrator but if you haven't tried that you could give it a shot.  There was a game I tried many times over many days to get working and one day I decided oh try run as admin, and that was all it took to make it work.

Not sure if that's any help to you but I can also check where I got the dump from and see if we are using the same one.

I've tried so many things. I think I'll start from scratch and see if I manage to load it with another version. Originally I was trying with 'Mario Kart GP DX (Namco System ES3 A)' and then with 'Mario Kart GP DX 1.10 JAP', but none of them worked.

I think it might even be some kind of incompatibility with my hardware. So I won't expect this one to work with my current settings for the time being :(

jacko1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2018, 02:42:41 am »

I've tried so many things. I think I'll start from scratch and see if I manage to load it with another version. Originally I was trying with 'Mario Kart GP DX (Namco System ES3 A)' and then with 'Mario Kart GP DX 1.10 JAP', but none of them worked.

I think it might even be some kind of incompatibility with my hardware. So I won't expect this one to work with my current settings for the time being :(
The 2 Windows 7 x64 PCs I had it running on:

i5 3000-something (I don't have it with me at the moment to check)
low end Gigabyte mobo
GTX 1050Ti

AMD Phenom x6 1055t
AMD Rx 460 and then GT 1030
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:04:38 am by jacko1 »

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 04:58:49 pm
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2018, 08:27:23 pm »
Decided to give this new version of Teknoparrot a try today. Wow, what a massive improvement! All the games I've been using in previous versions worked first time and no need to mess around with Com2Com anymore to get controls working. Awesome. Lets Go Island also works for me now without having to go through the complicated faff of using DxWnd and I'd say everything in the GUI feels far more streamlined now. Really great work by Reaver.  Also got my old dump of Battle Gear 4 working with it (without music for some reason though) and Chase HQ 2 (I'd never got around to adding the analog control fix to it and now I don't need to bother!)

Agree with all the above comments about Mario Kart Arcade GP DX. It's not just the fact it's running on better hardware, the game definitely feels more polished overall compared to the original Triforce MKAGP games. Now if only Reaver could add H2Overdrive to Teknoparrot...

Did you ever get Battle Gear 4 working through Teknoparrot with sound? I can't get any sound and would like to use teknoparrot for playing.

jacko1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2018, 02:35:44 am »
Decided to give this new version of Teknoparrot a try today. Wow, what a massive improvement! All the games I've been using in previous versions worked first time and no need to mess around with Com2Com anymore to get controls working. Awesome. Lets Go Island also works for me now without having to go through the complicated faff of using DxWnd and I'd say everything in the GUI feels far more streamlined now. Really great work by Reaver.  Also got my old dump of Battle Gear 4 working with it (without music for some reason though) and Chase HQ 2 (I'd never got around to adding the analog control fix to it and now I don't need to bother!)

Agree with all the above comments about Mario Kart Arcade GP DX. It's not just the fact it's running on better hardware, the game definitely feels more polished overall compared to the original Triforce MKAGP games. Now if only Reaver could add H2Overdrive to Teknoparrot...

Did you ever get Battle Gear 4 working through Teknoparrot with sound? I can't get any sound and would like to use teknoparrot for playing.
It works for me through Teknoparrot 1.64 with sound.  I'm on Windows 7.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2018, 01:37:46 pm »

Nope, last time I tried was, I think, TP 1.64. I read somewhere it's an issue to do with how your PC audio is set up. Apparently, If you've got a 5.1 setup it works. It's odd because the music and SFX worked just fine in the pre-Teknoparrot Standalone launcher.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:26:08 pm by MrThunderwing »

ghoolster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2019, 05:26:51 pm
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:13 am »
Patcher program to change from japanese text to english...

Needs MKDX version 1.10.22

https://github.com/Harmmmm/MKDX-English-Mod

orsettolavatore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2018, 06:37:31 pm
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2018, 07:08:08 pm »
there isnt any way that i can find MKDX version 1.10.22 ...
but only this game is running so slow!
i mean.. the background, videos , music works fine.. but the players are moving sloooooooow.. i have a8 3100 + 8gb ram + ssd + radeon 7 what can u suggest to let it work fine?

Halfway1985

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2019, 05:08:32 am
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2018, 09:42:29 pm »
there isnt any way that i can find MKDX version 1.10.22 ...
but only this game is running so slow!
i mean.. the background, videos , music works fine.. but the players are moving sloooooooow.. i have a8 3100 + 8gb ram + ssd + radeon 7 what can u suggest to let it work fine?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. Everything is at full speed accept the players. I can only finish the first race with 5 seconds to spare as the timer is also at full speed. Any suggestions?

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2019, 08:58:19 pm »
Hi guys, can someone explain what the "Mario Button" and "Enter Switch" do?