Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vision Pro KT-2938 VGA arcade monitor  (Read 2796 times)

jacob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2018, 08:53:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Vision Pro KT-2938 VGA arcade monitor
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:44:59 pm »
Brand new to the forum, I am attempting to build a hyperspin arcade and I'm out of my element. I need to find a way for a PC to work with my KT-2938 VGA monitor. I have been reading multiple forums on this subject and the more I read the worse my head hurts. If someone could just tell me step by step  what I need to do, if this is possible. I'm lost when it comes to computer software, so if you don't feel like holding my hand through it,I will understand. A little information that might help, computer is an HP running an I-3 with windows 10, I have tried the Arcadevga5000 from Andy, but for some reason it is not compatible with my setup. If I hook up a vga cable to the computer I get nothing, if I also hook an LCD monitor to the DVI output the arcade monitor works to show all of the emulators games previews, but when loading a game it switches to the computer LCD monitor and gives me a hatswitch error on the arcade monitor. The games seem to play correctly from the computer monitor however some games will not load or they are very slow. Sorry for the windbag explanation.  J

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Vision Pro KT-2938 VGA arcade monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:01:54 am »
yes, windbag/wall of text.

Out of interest, why do you need an ArcadeVGA to connect to a VGA monitor? Does the monitor also take 15kHz/CGA?

AVGA cards seem to have strange setup issues from time to time. Andy is known for giving good customer support.

That said, i'll post again when i have more time, but it might take a week or so.

jacob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2018, 08:53:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:32:15 am »
Thanks for your response. I think the arcade crt is 15khz-31khz, but I can't seem to find any information on this particular monitor. Thanks, J

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:28:45 am »
TBH your best best is Andy. These threads about two screens and an AVGA crop up from time to time - there's another one on the front page right now - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155984.0.html

I don't know what the answer is, no one ever comes back and posts up a solution, though i hope there is one.

If you don't get it working, look into crt_emudriver, it's a better, cheaper and easier option to begin with.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:53:34 am
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:21:44 am »
Thanks for your response. I think the arcade crt is 15khz-31khz, but I can't seem to find any information on this particular monitor. Thanks, J
that is because its a kortek 2938f I think, you will find plenty of info on that