Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to use an original Ms Pac Joystick on a Reunion control panel  (Read 1342 times)

Winslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 05:02:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have a rebuilt original Ms Pac Man joystick that I want to use on my Ms Pac / Galaga Reunion cabinet. I really like the feel of the leaf switch / rubber grommet joystick over the microswitches junk.

Is there an adapter available to mount the original sized joystick (larger hole pattern) on the control panel from the Reunion cabinet (smaller hole pattern).

I see the adapters on EBay for mounting the new style joystick on the original panels. Will those work the other way around, though?

Will the original joystick be too short when mounted using an adapter plate? Are longer shaft red ball sticks available to resolve this height issue?

Thanks for the information.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:00:15 am by Winslow »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: How to use an original Ms Pac Joystick on a Reunion control panel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »
I don't have a loose Pac-stick in front of me to test, but you might be able to drill the standard wico happ bolt pattern (which is what the reunion stick uses) into the pac-man stick base and install it that way. You could also weld some mounting bolts to the underside of the panel.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Winslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2018, 05:02:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:46 am »
I think I'm going to try and drill the original joystick with the bolt pattern on the reunion since I'm concerned about the height of the joystick being too low using an adapter plate.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll let you know how it plays out...

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:39:47 pm »
If it doesn't work out, you can always try a leaf switched Pac Pro.  Doesn't have a grommet, but it still feels great!

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=402

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: