Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retropie Shutdown with score save  (Read 3359 times)

jdevane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 09:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Retropie Shutdown with score save
« on: December 29, 2017, 05:15:58 pm »
So I have a RP2 setup with the shutdown and power up button as instructed like so: https://pie.8bitjunkie.net/retropie-shutdown-and-startup-switch-the-easy-way

It works, but I noticed that the high score only save if I exit out to ES.  Is there a way I could edit the shutdown script so the button would not only shutdown, but also trigger a save hi score action?

I should also note I am completely new to Pi and Linux, but I have been messing with it all week so I'm picking up on some things.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
Re: Retropie Shutdown with score save
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 03:51:53 am »
Check this topic: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/11750/mausberry-shutdown-script-doesn-t-save-metadata

They managed to save all metadata by exiting out to ES prior to shutdown the Pi. With copy-pasting you should be able to get the same result I gues...

jdevane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 09:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »
Thanks, I have a fresh install of RetroPie a whirl with that link, however, it boots the Pi then immediately shuts down...

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 03:45:10 am »
I don't know if I understand you correctly, but you shouldn't exactly use the code from that link. You should adapt your own code (setup-shutdown.sh) with the information (code) from that topic. The Mausberry circuit where that link is based on will most likely work differently than your circuit. If you don't know how, than you might ask there if someone will help you.