Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bezel glass over a tablet?  (Read 1074 times)

rhoelsch

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2018, 08:13:16 pm
  • That...that thing's operational!
Bezel glass over a tablet?
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:01:19 pm »
Planning a 1-player bartop using an old tablet to display and run the emu's. Similar to the original iCades. I'm trying to figure out how to best navigate through the games, for which just using the touchscreen is the most obvious way, but something about just cutting a hole in the bezel and seeing the recessed (slightly) screen doesn't seem all that appealing. Am I looking for a special plastic that can overlay the entire bezel and still allow capacitive touch? Would adding an active stylus help the touch go thru some thin Perspex? I'm using an Android tab so I can play Pinball Arcade on it as well, otherwise I'd do an rPi with a control-friendly frontend. I'm sure there must be some options out there I'm not aware of; help is appreciated.
Now witness the power of this FULLY OPERATIONAL Mame machine!