Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA 3 is out  (Read 40774 times)

Jin2k9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Daytona USA 3 is out
« Reply #800 on: January 12, 2018, 04:17:41 pm »
Or even a PPF patch for your Daytona launcher that removes the delay would do the trick =P

I'm assuming it polls for inputs and then sets addresses, not that it patches bytes in the exe itself, but I have no idea what his implementation is like. If it is just doing a loop checking for button presses, then likely the tradeoff is delay time versus cpu usage. E.g. if you set a delay of 0 or remove it, you're basically in an infinite loop that's going as fast as possible and hogging your cycles.

Well I guess this is a bad idea since you already got confused and misunderstood what I suggested. I suggested a PPF patch for DaytonaLaunch.exe that removes the delay so that Howard don't have to make 2 versions of DaytonaLaunch.exe for each update. I was not suggesting an alternative PPF patch for the Daytona.exe file.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:20:33 pm by Jin2k9 »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #801 on: January 12, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »
Or even a PPF patch for your Daytona launcher that removes the delay would do the trick =P

I'm assuming it polls for inputs and then sets addresses, not that it patches bytes in the exe itself, but I have no idea what his implementation is like. If it is just doing a loop checking for button presses, then likely the tradeoff is delay time versus cpu usage. E.g. if you set a delay of 0 or remove it, you're basically in an infinite loop that's going as fast as possible and hogging your cycles.

Well I guess this is a bad idea since you already got confused and misunderstood what I suggested. I suggested a PPF patch for DaytonaLaunch.exe that removes the delay so that Howard don't have to make 2 versions of DaytonaLaunch.exe for each update. I was not suggesting an alternative PPF patch for the Daytona.exe file.
Sorry, got it. That makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #802 on: January 12, 2018, 05:50:22 pm »
Finally got around to properly trying the FFB patch out tonight. Really impressed with how everything feels, I was expecting it to feel more like the vibration feedback I used to get on my old Thrustmaster Ferrari 3-in-1 wheel, but it does actually feels like proper FFB with the wheel fighting back againsht you. Great stuff Howard!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:20:31 pm by MrThunderwing »

YesterPlay80

• Offline Offline
    • YesterPlay80
« Reply #803 on: January 12, 2018, 06:36:05 pm »
Have you set deadzone to 0 in x360ce? go to left thumbstick tab

also try setting the deadzone higher not lower, try it at 0.5 or so in deadzone.cfg
Since both my devices are native xinput controllers I don't use x360ce. And setting deadzone higher had absolutely no effect.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #804 on: January 12, 2018, 06:41:56 pm »
i'm just not sure

it works fine for me using xbox one controller or my wheels with x360ce in menus

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #805 on: January 12, 2018, 06:53:43 pm »

also try setting the deadzone higher not lower, try it at 0.5 or so in deadzone.cfg
Since both my devices are native xinput controllers I don't use x360ce. And setting deadzone higher had absolutely no effect.

You actually want to set the deazone to 0 in the games inis. It make the game play a little smoother in my opinion. The other option is to use the steam remapper to make the steering smoother which is described somewhere earlier in this thread. I have tried it but its still not perfect, I'm gonna mess with some other options this weekend, I'll let you know if I can come up with anything.

YesterPlay80

• Offline Offline
    • YesterPlay80
« Reply #806 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:23 pm »
You actually want to set the deazone to 0 in the games inis. It make the game play a little smoother in my opinion.
I already did that as well, controls during the race are fine. It's only the selection menus that don't work.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #807 on: January 12, 2018, 07:12:43 pm »

You actually want to set the deazone to 0 in the games inis. It make the game play a little smoother in my opinion. The other option is to use the steam remapper to make the steering smoother which is described somewhere earlier in this thread. I have tried it but its still not perfect, I'm gonna mess with some other options this weekend, I'll let you know if I can come up with anything.

we arent talking about deadzone in the game ini files. We were talking about the deadzone.cfg that comes with Howard's launcher

YesterPlay80

• Offline Offline
    • YesterPlay80
« Reply #808 on: January 12, 2018, 07:22:16 pm »
we arent talking about deadzone in the game ini files. We were talking about the deadzone.cfg that comes with Howard's launcher
The config.ini is set to 0.0, the deadzone.cfg to 0.4 at the moment (I'm trying out different values).

wutno

• Offline Offline
« Reply #809 on: January 12, 2018, 08:08:28 pm »
Looks like they have some sort of deal with Dave & Busters, and Chuck E. Cheese's

Edit: As well as what I think is Magic Planet located in Dubai (Synth_364_MAGIC_PLANET_aif)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:12:15 pm by wutno »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #810 on: January 12, 2018, 08:25:20 pm »

Sorry, got it. That makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The latest version has a mere 1ms delay... you aren't going to get a tighter loop than that without eating up all of your processor cycles. 

vice350z

• Offline Offline
  • BRINGO!!!
    • Sirius 66 - The Beat
« Reply #811 on: January 12, 2018, 08:48:30 pm »
Looks like they have some sort of deal with Dave & Busters, and Chuck E. Cheese's

Edit: As well as what I think is Magic Planet located in Dubai (Synth_364_MAGIC_PLANET_aif)

what is all that?

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #812 on: January 12, 2018, 09:20:45 pm »
The latest version has a mere 1ms delay... you aren't going to get a tighter loop than that without eating up all of your processor cycles.

Haha, no I'm not. Thanks for the efforts, Howard. Not sure why it would be missing presses with 1ms.

Jin2k9

• Offline Offline
« Reply #813 on: January 12, 2018, 09:28:57 pm »

machine #1 should be 192.168.1.1, machine #2 should be 192.168.1.2 etc.
billboard #1 has to be 192.168.1.21 etc. - but I haven't dug into that yet.

Do you know if you have to use wired connection for the billboards or will it also work on wlan connection if you edit the dhcpcd.conf file ( sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf ) adding this at the end of the file ( In this example my default gateway/dns is 192.168.1.100 )

interface wlan0

static ip_address=192.168.1.21/24
static routers=192.168.1.100
static domain_name_servers=192.168.1.100

The resolution is messed up, it is outputting 1080p, but all the images are at 720p, which is why it looks so weird.
I imagine the billboard.config would contain the relevant resolution settings.

To make the billboard display in full-screen just do a ( sudo raspi-config ) and under advanced > A5 Resolution set it to 1280x720@60hz

PS: if you look closely at the "Please Wait" billboard screen you can see white transparent text in the bottom of the screen. There is some sort of counter in the transparent text counting upwards constantly. So that's another sign that it does work and hasn't crashed at the "Please Wait" screen.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:22:18 pm by Jin2k9 »

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #814 on: January 12, 2018, 09:58:20 pm »
The config.ini is set to 0.0, the deadzone.cfg to 0.4 at the moment (I'm trying out different values).

I see, are you using the steam remapper or just trying it as-is?

Mr Objection

• Offline Offline
« Reply #815 on: January 12, 2018, 09:59:28 pm »
Great, rumble is working, but I have to use the keyboard as always to navigate into the menus.

vice350z

• Offline Offline
  • BRINGO!!!
    • Sirius 66 - The Beat
« Reply #816 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:53 pm »
i must have missed something because I'm not getting rumble. If i don't open my logitech wheel app i have no wheel resistance in Daytona.  If i have my logitech wheel app open, i lose all wheel resistance once i focus back on Daytona window, if i click of on desktop i have wheel resistance. If i quit logitech app and focus Daytona window I have wheel resistance.

I don't know what the heck i missed. I may just start from scratch.

You guys wiht G27/G29...do you do anything wth the Logitech app at all or no?

POOTERMAN

• Offline Offline
    • My PC Desktop Icon Atwork
« Reply #817 on: January 12, 2018, 11:09:03 pm »
Howard would it be much work for you to create a launcher that gives the user the ability to manually enter the location of where Daytona is 'installed' to get Force Feedback working? Just for those of us that don't have the required room to store the game on the root of their C:\ drive etc?

StupidInvaders

• Offline Offline
  • Careful. Tried that once. Ever so dull.
« Reply #818 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:19 pm »

PS: if you look closely at the "Please Wait" billboard screen you can see white transparent text in the bottom of the screen. There is some sort of counter in the transparent text counting upwards constantly. So that's another sign that it does work and hasn't crashed at the "Please Wait" screen.

Version number, Frame count and current FPS.

jinsatoemo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2018, 12:14:58 am »
Daytona launcher 3.3 seems to fix my shifter button problem and so far its working just nice.Here's me playing dinosaur canyon ;D

https://youtu.be/wNBcckMt6Z0

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:07 am »
Daytona launcher 3.3 seems to fix my shifter button problem and so far its working just nice.Here's me playing dinosaur canyon ;D

I still get it sometimes but it is better in 3.3. I've also been trying to make my shifts more deliberate.

For those who want multiplayer but don't have webcams on every computer (and are on win10, I suppose...). I used splitcam and created a set of images you can use if you're fine with just having a static image as the avatar. In Splitcam set the source to one of the images depending on which cabinetId you're using. They're not high quality (jpeg artifacts, etc), and they look stretched in splitcam -- but they look fine/OK-ish in the game. Just make sure that in game\config.ini you set:

Code: [Select]
[OpenCV]
ENABLE_CAPTURE = 1
ENABLE_TEST_BILLBOARD = 0
CAPTURE_FPS = 20
DEFAULT_CROP_X = 159
DEFAULT_CROP_Y = 79
# DEFAULT_CROP_X: 0 ~ 159
# DEFAULT_CROP_Y: 0 ~ 79

Credit for the HQ artwork goes to onmaru @ deviantart https://onmaru.deviantart.com

Example of what it looks like in the game is below.

More a proof of concept. I haven't played around too much with crop_x and crop_y to see how to actually get HQ images in the game. Just wanted to share this as a proof of concept.[/code]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:33:55 am by nugarp »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #821 on: January 13, 2018, 12:26:23 am »
Why do you guys assume it's the launcher doing it? I tested it earlier and was tapping buttons fast between all the gears and it changed every time

Maybe you need to start looking at x360ce

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #822 on: January 13, 2018, 12:33:35 am »
Why do you guys assume it's the launcher doing it? I tested it earlier and was tapping buttons fast between all the gears and it changed every time

Maybe you need to start looking at x360ce

It's a good question, though I tried it with an x1 controller without x360ce as well.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:37 am »
Hm I tested with x1 controller too

jinsatoemo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #824 on: January 13, 2018, 12:52:44 am »
I used the unpatched daytona.exe and patch it again with the ppf that comes with launcher 3.3.from my play test,it works well so far...

For those who still cant get rumble to work,what i did is reinstall a fresh unmodified copy of the game again at root c drive and rename the update folder to daytona,run shell.exe and it will generate all the additional folder/files.patch the daytona.exe with the ppf and all should work fine.

Before this im using a readymade daytona.exe crack and eventhough i ran ppf patch on it,the rumble would not work.

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
  • ...this course is really tough!
« Reply #825 on: January 13, 2018, 01:00:04 am »
Has anyone else noticed the constant 270 KB/sec being sent to 192.168.1.255? Is that supposed to be the billboard?

StupidInvaders

• Offline Offline
  • Careful. Tried that once. Ever so dull.
« Reply #826 on: January 13, 2018, 01:00:44 am »
Has anyone else noticed the constant 270 KB/sec being sent to 192.168.1.255? Is that supposed to be the billboard?
Yeah, its an image.

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #827 on: January 13, 2018, 01:09:10 am »
Yeah, its an image.

Oh yeah. I remember that post. So it sends that image when there is no webcam in place of a live webcam feed?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #828 on: January 13, 2018, 01:25:53 am »

I still get it sometimes but it is better in 3.3. I've also been trying to make my shifts more deliberate.

For those who want multiplayer but don't have webcams on every computer (and are on win10, I suppose...). I used splitcam and created a set of images you can use if you're fine with just having a static image as the avatar. In Splitcam set the source to one of the images depending on which cabinetId you're using. They're not high quality (jpeg artifacts, etc), and they look stretched in splitcam -- but they look fine/OK-ish in the game. Just make sure that in game\config.ini you set:

Code: [Select]
[OpenCV]
ENABLE_CAPTURE = 1
ENABLE_TEST_BILLBOARD = 0
CAPTURE_FPS = 20
DEFAULT_CROP_X = 159
DEFAULT_CROP_Y = 79
# DEFAULT_CROP_X: 0 ~ 159
# DEFAULT_CROP_Y: 0 ~ 79

Credit for the HQ artwork goes to onmaru @ deviantart https://onmaru.deviantart.com

Example of what it looks like in the game is below.

More a proof of concept. I haven't played around too much with crop_x and crop_y to see how to actually get HQ images in the game. Just wanted to share this as a proof of concept.[/code]

As long as it isn't pirated, how about a link to splitcam?  Apparently there are a few programs that use that name. 

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #829 on: January 13, 2018, 01:29:05 am »
As long as it isn't pirated, how about a link to splitcam?  Apparently there are a few programs that use that name.

Good call.

It's free...though it seems as though it is targeted towards camgirls...
http://splitcamera.com/download.html

Maybe I grabbed the wrong splitcam but it seems to work!

Working on some better icons now; though no guarantees how they'll turn out once they go through splitcam and show up in the game!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #830 on: January 13, 2018, 01:39:32 am »
Why don't you just use the images in assets folder?

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #831 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:59 am »
My router did not like that constant 270 KB/sec being sent. It kept bringing it to it's knees so I replaced 192.168.1.255 with 127.0.0.1 in a the .exe for now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:33:41 am by LimitZer0 »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #832 on: January 13, 2018, 02:28:39 am »

You totally could! I thought these added character.

EDIT: It seems..for some reason...Sega changed the order of the coloring for this (??).
So p1 should be blue (sonic), p2 should be red (mario), p3 should be green (yoshi), p4 should be yellow (pacman), p5 should be light blue (megaman), p6 should be purple (kirby), p7 should be black (master chief), p8 should be orange (crash). Very odd.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:00:48 am by nugarp »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #833 on: January 13, 2018, 02:33:37 am »

That's no fun.  ;)   I gave splitcam a try.... it would probably be the most straight forward software suite to use for fake images/video.  The threw my Shang avatar on there.... good times.  The only thing is, in addition to being rotated, the image is also flipped.... so text is backwards, ect.  I think I might poke around and see if I can find any webcam goodness in the exe. 

Btw.... assuming the worst and nobody figures out how to get the billboard working, what are the odds that perhaps we could write a program from scratch?  It appears that the game sends the data anyway, so maybe write a dummy program that just takes all the data it receives and prints it out so we can see what is going on??

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #834 on: January 13, 2018, 02:34:31 am »
Fair enough heh

I'm happy enough using real camera but I'd prefer us to work out some way to rotate the image so I don't have to mount camera sideways

My ugly mug might put people off! It's all part of the plan

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #835 on: January 13, 2018, 02:40:56 am »
A real camera would be nice. I have one here but didn't want to really mount it sideways..and then who knows how it'll show up in MKDX....and I don't want to buy 3 more webcams :).

...besides who wouldn't want to drive by a billboard like this?

Side note: I probably messed up my positioning of the boxes (which is why I left some bleed area in the 512x512 source image...I guesstimated the bounding box with those settings) by a pixel on the left vs right but am too tired to care.

Re:billboard. If anyone has a trace we could probably make our own billboard, sure. Sorry haven't been following any of the billboard stuff (yet).

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #836 on: January 13, 2018, 03:14:51 am »
Yeah, its an image.

Oh yeah. I remember that post. So it sends that image when there is no webcam in place of a live webcam feed?
192.168.1.255 is the broadcast address = every machine in 192.168.1.x
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #837 on: January 13, 2018, 03:21:36 am »
Yeah, its an image.

192.168.1.255 is the broadcast address = every machine in 192.168.1.x

Thanks. My network could not handle it.

YesterPlay80

• Offline Offline
    • YesterPlay80
« Reply #838 on: January 13, 2018, 05:53:25 am »
Just as it is.

Just to make sure I didn't mess up anything I set everything up again:
  • Made a new "installation" of the "update" Sega provided in C:\SEGA
  • Renamed the update folder from "update" to "daytona"
  • Started the shell.exe in the shell folder, changed the settings I wanted but didn't edit any ini file manually! (Just to be sure)
  • Patched the daytona.exe in the "daytona" subfolder with Howard_Castos ppf patch from his latest launcher archive (version 3.3) using ppf-o-matic
  • Extracted his launcher (version 3.3) into the "daytona" folder
  • Started the game using his launcher
The result is the same: Xinput and rumble work, but I can't select a track, a car or enter my name using the controller. Did I forget anything in the procedure above or did I make anything wrong? As far as I can tell I did everything how it's supposed to be done as of now, right?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:45:50 am by YesterPlay80 »

jinsatoemo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #839 on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:43 am »
Just as it is.

Just to make sure I didn't mess up anything I set everything up again:
  • Made a new "installation" of the "update" Sega provided in C:\SEGA
  • Renamed the update folder from "update" to "daytona"
  • Started the shell.exe in the shell folder, changed the settings I wanted but didn't edit any ini file manually!
  • Patched the daytona.exe in the "daytona" subfolder with Howard_Castos ppf patch from his latest launcher archive (version 3.3) using ppf-o-matic
  • Extracted his launcher (version 3.3) into the "daytona" folder
  • Started the game using his launcher
The result is the same: Xinput and rumble work, but I can't select a track, a car or enter my name using the controller. Did I forget anything in the procedure above or did I make anything wrong? As far as I can tell I did everything how it's supposed to be done as of now, right?

You're doing it right...not sure whats wrong....btw,after running shell.exe,does gamedata and shelldata folder created automatically in c:\sega?

Anyway,u can move the sega folder to another drive with rumble working but u need to do some hex editing in daytona.exe.I only manage to to change the c:\ to d:\ value(c:\sega\shell and c:\sega\shell\inpwrapper.exe) only,can't change the path to more longer custom one else rumble wont work.Anyways its still not advisable as it might probably break something as many reference in the program still points to c:\sega
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:53:02 am by jinsatoemo »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31