Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA 3 is out  (Read 43282 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • R.I.P Segata Sanshiro
Re: Daytona USA 3 is out
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 07:22:54 pm »
Shell.exe launches a blank window that closes automatically within a second or two. There is no error message, and I'm unable to interact with it in any way. GameSettings.ini is never generated either. I installed the DK2 drivers and followed all your steps. Not sure what the issue is...
you might of did something incorrectly shell.exe launches the service menu i would start over and repeat the steps im thinking your directories are messed up

philster

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »
Same here mate I did exactly what he said it was a black screen then stopped no additional files made at all .haven't a clue

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 09:44:44 pm »
I had that same issue occuring on my laptop

-for some reason it would do that if i tried to extend monitor between laptop and monitor
-tried to clone display to monitor

would work if i opened laptop screen and had it set to clone.....or worked if directly on laptop screen

??? ???

no idea

well I was having issues with networking earlier and spent HOURS trying to sort it

I had it running last night and did so a couple times earlier this morning. I have 4 cabinets out in my garage so went out to get them networked up and no matter what I did I couldn't get a link to go ingame, kept losing connection with each other just before going ingame. Went inside and same thing started happening, I tried 1000 different combinations in game.ini and started getting a wierd thing happening where 1 would go ingame and the other wouldn't. But if i closed the program running on the one that wasnt going ingame the other would go out to network check screen

WTF i was getting angry

Finally figured it out

The game does not work networked without a webcam connected to your pc. It does not matter if you turn off camera in settings

Silly me had disabled my webcam on laptop earlier in the morning cos i got sick of it turning on when going ingame and never relised that was the key. I was reading the logs and no error says anything about the webcam so I never clicked

It's just by chance that both the pcs i was using to test network last night had webcams connected or else I would never of got ingame

Anyway, this should help someone!

I now am gonna have to plug 4 x webcams into my 4 x pcs out in garage
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:47:14 pm by Boomslang »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 11:14:28 pm »
Interesting.  I knew the attract mode was really pushing the camera thing, but I didn't expect it to be required on account of conversions, ect.  So in addition to spoofing controls, a software webcam will also be needed.  That one requires a fake driver and might be beyond my abilities. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2017, 11:30:13 pm »
yeah its dumb

but I just tested across 3 x pcs. I had some ps3 cameras lying around so plugged 3 into the 3 pcs and it worked fine with 3 player network

DaredevilDave

• Offline Offline
  • Yes, I really am still working on it!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 11:38:33 pm »
I bow to your guys' awesomeness/geekness/nerdiness (take your pic) in working on this! I have the file but waiting to see what happens here. Thanks for the work! I love this place!
"Computer Space" (1st coin-op game ever) for MAME Front Ends Available Now!
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155041.0.html

My Custom Motorcycle Cabinet Build For Custom Game (Daredevil Dave):
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151106.0.html

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2017, 01:11:26 am »
just posted this on another site so ill add it here too

****YOU NEED A WEBCAM CONNECTED FOR NETWORK MULTIPLAYER****

It does not work if you turn the webcam off in settings

So make sure you have some kind of camera connected (I used PS3 Camera's as i had a bunch lying around)

Now under ShellData.ini in ShellData

[Network]
Enabled=1
CabinetID=2
NumCabinets=2

set cabinet ID depending on which pc you are using Set Cabinet 1 for Master/Server and Cabinet 2 onwards for other pcs and finally set the NumCabinets to how many cabinets you want. So for 2 player obviously just 2......for 8 player=8

Goto GameSettings.ini in ShellData

ENSURE YOU HAVE CAMERA ENABLED=ON

if you have this off then you are wasting your time and network will not boot up once you get to the power boot sequence same with having webcam disabled etc

Goto config.ini in GameData

[Network]
FORCE_NET_VALID = 0
NETWORK_TYPE = 0
# 0: Slave
# 1: Master
# 2: SinglePlay

set Master as NETWORK_Type=1 and every other cabinet as slave =0

*****ONLY WORKS IN 192.168.1.X RANGE******

now they would only work in that range and I believe X has to be pretty low numbers too eg 2-9 but someone can test this more and see. Unfortunately my network is in the 10.0.0.X range so I will use a program to automatically change my ip when I load the game and change back when I exit out

Goto game.ini in shell

[Network]
Active=1
Domain=127.0.0
BaseAddr=1
Port=23232
CabinetDomain=192.168.1
CabinetBaseAddr=8
CabinetPort=27000
CabinetActive=1
MasterTimeout=15000
ClientTimeout=15000

[ShellNetwork]
MasterTimeout=70000
ClientTimeout=70000

modify yours to have these numbers except change the CabinetBaseAddr and I matched it with whatever my last number of IP was

so for above my ip was 192.168.1.8

Now launch the game across all your pcs and they will go past the network discovery screen once they connect.

Press F1 to launch the debug screen on all the pcs (Im actually not sure if Master needs this too but it doesnt hurt to launch on that too, ensure the webpage loads, if it doesn't open then goto 127.0.0.1:23232

now finally alt tab back to fullscreen on all your pcs and you will have the Network Power boot or something like that. Should say Good on all your pcs and boot into game on all of them

You can check the logs if you have any issues and it might help with finding the solution but if you are having issues at the power boot screen where it says Good and then changes then its almost certainly the Webcam

That's it!

Enjoy

• Offline Offline
  • R.I.P Segata Sanshiro
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2017, 01:19:29 am »
i have to pull out my ugly ass 360 kinect :banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:17 am »
I found a website with the Logicool RX drivers for the wheel mentioned in the exe:

https://www.drivermax.com/Logicool-Driving-Force-RX-USB-Logicool-USB-VID-046D-PID-C294-REV-2200-5_00_176_0-2006-07-26-1100994-driver.htm

So those are the most likely vid and pid for the device. 

TeamThunderHawk5201

• Offline Offline
  • Lover of arcade racing games
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2017, 06:57:43 am »
Hi, I too seem to have the issue with Shell.exe not opening properly, already tried deleting everything and re-extracting everything again. I also tried unplugging any secondary displays as someone else already mentioned, but still not working, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:03:00 am by TeamThunderHawk5201 »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Online Online
  • My arcade cabinet has a cup holder.
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2017, 07:45:35 am »
I found a website with the Logicool RX drivers for the wheel mentioned in the exe:

https://www.drivermax.com/Logicool-Driving-Force-RX-USB-Logicool-USB-VID-046D-PID-C294-REV-2200-5_00_176_0-2006-07-26-1100994-driver.htm

So those are the most likely vid and pid for the device.

Logicool is just Logitech's brand name in Japan.
I haven't been able to find any information on the actual arcade hardware.

d123456

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2017, 09:53:50 am »
I did everything mentioned in this thread on my laptop (Intel I5 2410M 2.3Mhz) which has a built in webcam
When I launch Daytona.exe I get a full black screen saying:
Network discovery
Please wait

Then the screen goes black an exits. Could it be that my hardware does not at all represent the arcade hardware the game is running on? I think I answered my own question here.

Dozer316

• Online Online
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2017, 11:07:50 am »
Just a heads up on GPU compatibility and shell.exe running successfully (on my machines at least).

Geforce GTX 660ti = no issue.
Intel HD4000 = no issue.
Radeon HD 7970 = black screen flash then quit - log file indicates failure to set correct mode on adapter.

The HD4000 actually runs the game albeit at around 7 FPS :)

Mr Objection

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:56 am »
Well, the game runs on my system, but I tried my wireless xbox one controller but it wont pass the opening screen, I tried every button on it.

• Offline Offline
  • R.I.P Segata Sanshiro
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2017, 11:21:47 am »
I did everything mentioned in this thread on my laptop (Intel I5 2410M 2.3Mhz) which has a built in webcam
Network discovery
Please wait

Then the screen goes black an exits. Could it be that my hardware does not at all represent the arcade hardware the game is running on? I think I answered my own question here.
did you run shell.exe at all? sounds like a problem i had

d123456

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2017, 11:34:24 am »
I did run the shell.exe and with the 't'-key I can still get into the test/service menu
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:36:30 am by d123456 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2017, 12:19:06 pm »
Network discovery
Please wait

Are you trying single player or multi?

If single player then you have something wrong and are showing more then 1 cabinet enabled

TeamThunderHawk5201

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »
Just a heads up on GPU compatibility and shell.exe running successfully (on my machines at least).

Geforce GTX 660ti = no issue.
Intel HD4000 = no issue.
Radeon HD 7970 = black screen flash then quit - log file indicates failure to set correct mode on adapter.

The HD4000 actually runs the game albeit at around 7 FPS :)

Could it be an compatibility issue with AMD cards then, after all this isn't the first time that's happened as Initial D on teknoparrot had issues on AMD cards. I don't know about the others having problems opening Shell.exe but I can't and have an AMD R9 390.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »
No everything works fine on my rx 470 cards plus 2 x other amd cards

TeamThunderHawk5201

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2017, 01:36:00 pm »

Fair enough, I'll continue trying to get mine to work, aswell as trying my igpu. BTW here's my log file when using the R9 390 in case it's of any use to anybody:

Log Started : 30/12/2017 - 18:07:04:294
[ 18:07:05:012 ] Unable to get audio mixer line information.
[ 18:07:05:012 ] Unable to get audio mixer line information.
[ 18:07:05:013 ] Startup error occurred in WinMain module , shutting down.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »
This all seems kind of pre-mature trying to get this game running when the game doesn't have working controls yet. Its been proven that it runs, so I'm gonna wait until someone figures out the controls...

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »
No harm in getting everything setup now is there?  It took me hours to work out the network side so I'd rather know how to do it now then wait for controls and then try finding how stuff works. Same with issues

• Offline Offline
  • R.I.P Segata Sanshiro
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2017, 01:48:22 pm »
no problems on the radeon rx 480 either although it never worked on my radeon 7790 which could be the videocard

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »
No harm in getting everything setup now is there?  It took me hours to work out the network side so I'd rather know how to do it now then wait for controls and then try finding how stuff works. Same with issues

No the network thing makes perfect sense, and I'm glad you did that. You seem to be a guru at that stuff. I just mean that now that you have worked that out there isn't much else to do with it but get it running and look at it. I think its possible that when someone figures out the controls. We may have to run it from a loader or something like that so the process may be completely different by then anyway.

Not hating, just saying...  :)

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2017, 02:11:32 pm »
we will see what happens

Word is that someone well known in the scene got it running a couple days back by disassembling the exe and replacing the Logicool RX stuff with whatever wheel he had. Has it fully working with FFB now

He refuses to release this information however so it's up to others to find a way

Either way a controls hack will happen eventually whether it be as above however, it could just end up being io board hack or something so no FFB for a start

I'm not so sure it will be that simple however or else you could just plug in a Logicool RX Wheel and have it fully working right now (perhaps you can?)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:19:53 pm by Boomslang »

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what shakes out...

TeamThunderHawk5201

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2017, 02:37:16 pm »

You mind sharing what other AMD cards you had it working on, as you and others both listed the game working fine on RX 4xx series cards (Polaris) but two others listed AMD 7xxx series cards (Southern Island) as not working, wondering if it could maybe be GPU architecture issue, admittedly it could not be related to hardware or GPU's at all, I'm just putting ideas out there.

EDIT: Gonna try on my laptop (Intel Iris pro graphics 640) seeing if Shell.exe and the game loads, then gonna try building the game on their and copying files back to my desktop to see if the game works once everything is already set up
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:19:21 pm by TeamThunderHawk5201 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2017, 03:40:25 pm »
we will see what happens

Word is that someone well known in the scene got it running a couple days back by disassembling the exe and replacing the Logicool RX stuff with whatever wheel he had. Has it fully working with FFB now

He refuses to release this information however so it's up to others to find a way

Either way a controls hack will happen eventually whether it be as above however, it could just end up being io board hack or something so no FFB for a start

I'm not so sure it will be that simple however or else you could just plug in a Logicool RX Wheel and have it fully working right now (perhaps you can?)

Yeah they are blocking something or omitting a key piece of info.  I replaced the Logicool stuff with the vid/pid and hardware string for a wireless xbox 360 gamepad and nothing happened.  In addition, even if it did work for steering and the pedals, the gear shifting inputs as well as the view inputs and start/coin have to be found and hacked for more robust support.  Thinking on that I've decided not to hook up the coin input regardless of how far we get.  This is a viable arcade game and I don't want to see any hacks I make end up in a bootleg machine making some sleezeball money.  They haven't opted to release this as a home console title though, so I see no harm in getting it playable. 

I looked at the inpwrapper last night.....  The wrapper opens two communication  streams as files, similar to how you'd do it in Linux.  I unfortunately got a crash trying some things and lost all of my data, so I'll have to find everything again.  I haven't looked at the Daytona exe for the same streams.... if it has them the only issue would be determining the data format.  That is assuming it doesn't require some sort of handshake to get working, which I doubt it does considering the game launches the wrapper.  I also managed to find and control the vr and start buttons .... it's a bit tricky, involving having to alter some assembly on the fly for the start button, but they do work well enough. 

I think tonight I need to concentrate on getting troubleshooter 2 ready for a release.  This update will be massive, and the more I add to it the harder it'll be to package up. 

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »
we will see what happens

Yeah they are blocking something or omitting a key piece of info.  I replaced the Logicool stuff with the vid/pid and hardware string for a wireless xbox 360 gamepad and nothing happened.  In addition, even if it did work for steering and the pedals, the gear shifting inputs as well as the view inputs and start/coin have to be found and hacked for more robust support.  Thinking on that I've decided not to hook up the coin input regardless of how far we get.  This is a viable arcade game and I don't want to see any hacks I make end up in a bootleg machine making some sleezeball money.  They haven't opted to release this as a home console title though, so I see no harm in getting it playable. 

I looked at the inpwrapper last night.....  The wrapper opens two communication  streams as files, similar to how you'd do it in Linux.  I unfortunately got a crash trying some things and lost all of my data, so I'll have to find everything again.  I haven't looked at the Daytona exe for the same streams.... if it has them the only issue would be determining the data format.  That is assuming it doesn't require some sort of handshake to get working, which I doubt it does considering the game launches the wrapper.  I also managed to find and control the vr and start buttons .... it's a bit tricky, involving having to alter some assembly on the fly for the start button, but they do work well enough. 

I think tonight I need to concentrate on getting troubleshooter 2 ready for a release.  This update will be massive, and the more I add to it the harder it'll be to package up.

yeah fair enough on the coin part. It's something that could be added in a few years once this isnt so popular at real arcades perhaps

anyway I tried to use gimx to create a fake Logicool RX wheel

Flashed the DFPPS2 firmware onto gimx adapter and booted up, installed those Logicool drivers Howard supplied and it shows up as a Logicool RX with the correct PID/HID

But i think since this firmware was made for PS2 it doesnt work on PC unfortunately

https://ibb.co/ct7hcG
https://ibb.co/imVPrb

If someone has a Driving Force Pro for PS2 perhaps you could try it on your pc, install the logicool drivers and see if anything happens just to make sure

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:54:24 pm by Boomslang »

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2017, 04:24:09 pm »
i've got a Logitech driving force EX which have the same PID/VID and it' doesn't work , i use a XBOX gamepad to start but no luck wheel and pedal doesn't work   :banghead:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:30:07 pm by bandicoot »

d123456

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2017, 05:18:11 pm »
Network discovery
Please wait

Are you trying single player or multi?

If single player then you have something wrong and are showing more then 1 cabinet enabled
Thanks for the tip, I have this in C:\Sega\ShellData\ShellData.ini:
[Network]
Enabled=1
CabinetID=1
NumCabinets=1

I just tried  setting
Enabled=0, but that ended up leading to a 'network discovery' confirmation text.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2017, 05:25:43 pm »
some notes for people having trouble.

1.  As-is the game expects a 1080p desktop resolution.  You can change that to 720p or lower via the "full hd" setting, but the test menu still needs 1080p

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »
i've got a Logitech driving force EX which have the same PID/VID and it' doesn't work , i use a XBOX gamepad to start but no luck wheel and pedal doesn't work   :banghead:

have you tried it with the logicool drivers that were posted above? Should show as Logicool in device manager

TeamThunderHawk5201

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »
OK so sit rep on making the game load, ON laptop game loads fine at nearly 30fps, ended up using my laptop to create all the files and copy paste them onto desktop where Shell.exe wasn't working previously, game loads and all, however there are some flickering textures, all seems to be fine for the most part though, so for anyone who can't get Shell.exe to work I recommend trying on another PC and once it is all up simply pulling all the files back to the PC you want to load the game on.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2017, 05:46:09 pm »

have you tried it with the logicool drivers that were posted above? Should show as Logicool in device manager

^This^  The descriptive name is important as the function in the exe also searches for that.  So if it shows up as "Logitech" then it probably won't work. 

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »
i try with the driver , my device is recognise like a logicool EX , i change it into .exe of dayton to from RX to EX but no luck
EDIT :
In regedit i change all EX in RX now my wheel is recognise like " Logicool Driving Force RX USB" and no luck
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:21:33 pm by bandicoot »

terminator2k2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
nice work all so far, i did try a few things with my logitech formula force, but didnt get anything working......then my gpu  packed up, so the game no longer works with my trusty 8800gt....

another thing i would like to see is the bill board, the files are inside the assets folder, and according to it , it runs on a raspberry pi connected to a screen  via hdmi. i would suspect that the communication is done via the network to talk from the game to the bill board via a router.

When i read the upgrade manual , you just put the same game files on a usb stick and update the pi via usb, but again, what files are on the pi's sd card to begin with......i dont have a pi so just a heads up if someone wants to try....

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2017, 06:37:29 pm »
yeah I heard that the billboard runs via a raspberry pi which I found kinda interesting

the billboard actually is pretty useful for setting up the Party mode etc too after watching some of the videos

If this doesnt have the all the raspberry pi files inside then I would be surprised if that image doesn't get dumped at some point in the future for people who want external monitor like that

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2017, 07:09:16 pm »
great, let's play with the!  :applaud:

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 08:02:49 pm »
i try with the driver , my device is recognise like a logicool EX , i change it into .exe of dayton to from RX to EX but no luck
EDIT :
In regedit i change all EX in RX now my wheel is recognise like " Logicool Driving Force RX USB" and no luck

last thing I can think of is if you make a shortcut to Daytona and add -f and -w after

I see this in hex edit around the logicool driving force rx part so just check it doesnt need this aswell if you don't mind please :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31