Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: You should also watch "The Toys That Made Us"  (Read 12267 times)

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
Re: You should also watch "The Toys That Made Us"
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 12:53:16 pm »
^he never said "awesome."

Yeah...but if I said the Misfits I referenced are 'hot' this post would get weird like all the rest of 'em.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:46 pm »
GEM was pretty adult in ways. And the characters looked adult. One of the last animated shows of that ilk. However, as often happened in the 80s, the intro/outro were done in higher quality than a lot of the episodes. Often smaller studios (usually korean) were hired ad hoc to finish out scenes, the quality obvious. M.A.S.K. intro was killer, and the first few episodes were as or close to as good. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and Dungeons and Dragons had great intros, and the episodes were mixed.

JimmyU

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:38:09 am
  • I believe I can fly!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2018, 12:54:05 pm »
It looks like WWF(E), TMNT, My Little Pony and Power Rangers toys will be the episodes on the next season.
https://411mania.com/wrestling/netflixs-toys-made-us-producing-episode-wwe-action-figures/

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »
Nice.  TMNT should draw in enough viewers alone to get another season renewed.  I've still got my tmnt figures... it was probably the first action figure line where the sculpt and paint quality were enough to where they are really nice to display.  The old rubbery wwe figures were great.... a solid mass of plastic, no poses, but they were sturdy enough to "wrestle" with. 

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »
It looks like WWF(E), TMNT, My Little Pony and Power Rangers toys will be the episodes on the next season.
https://411mania.com/wrestling/netflixs-toys-made-us-producing-episode-wwe-action-figures/

Awesome! I thought the theme song limited us to "an eight-part documentary series," so this is good to hear.

SlammedNiss

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:09:00 am
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2020, 02:31:06 am »
Found out that season 3 was released in mid-November. Season 3 includes Power Rangers, My Little Pony, Wrestling, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2020, 09:32:51 am »
Found out that season 3 was released in mid-November. Season 3 includes Power Rangers, My Little Pony, Wrestling, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Yep, see the last few posts. They also now have The Movies That Made Us, which features Die Hard, Ghostbusters, Home Alone, and Dirty Dancing. Every episode is good.

SlammedNiss

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:09:00 am
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2020, 05:14:24 pm »

Yep, see the last few posts. They also now have The Movies That Made Us, which features Die Hard, Ghostbusters, Home Alone, and Dirty Dancing. Every episode is good.
Damnit, just more stuff to add to my list of things to watch. ;)
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2020, 07:14:14 pm »
I should have made a post but assumed you guys got the same Netflix email alert I did.  Both are quite good.  Amazon Prime dropped a ton of content as well.... The expanse season 4, which is fantastic and Ms. Mazel season 3, which is also quite good.  Also watch the Aeronauts if you get a chance. 

XSFDriver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2020, 07:46:42 am »
Note that none of us boys watched Barbie.... I guess it's hard-wired into us.

I haven't watched that one either... I've watched bits and pieces of other episodes when my son was watching them... Pretty cool flashbacks of Saturday morning cartoons as a little kid (now I'm a big kid :lol)

....Barbie came with G.I. Joe, didn't she?