Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Run all roms from USB card and Video Snaps, menus and artwork from SD card?  (Read 2439 times)

killbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:16:54 pm
  • When I die, I want to go to arcade heaven!
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the RPI scene and had a question:

I would like to run all roms from a usb drive, and have all video snaps, artwork and menus run only from the sd card. I have a 32gb sd card so I'd like to use it for all front end related stuff and only use the USB drive for roms. My question is: once all the files are copied over to the USB drive via the Automatic Method (turning on the USB Rom Transfer Service), can I delete the snaps and artwork folders that were transfered to the USB stick? What I'm asking is can the Snaps and artwork run from the SD card without also having to be on the USB drive? Can I delete all content from the other folders on the USB stick except for the folders and files inside "roms"?

If so, would changing paths in the gamelist.xml files be part of it.  Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I'm running:
RPI3 ModelB
Emulation Station
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:51:00 am by killbill »

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Just change all relevent paths and it should work fine.id leave all the folders in place and just remove snaps and media from inside to save space.