Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control display  (Read 2670 times)

-jp-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2018, 06:22:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Control display
« on: December 18, 2017, 06:26:12 am »
Hey guys. Not sure what I'm looking for exists, but swear I saw it on here. What I'm looking to do is addd a small screen to my arcade that will display the button layout for the game selected. I swear there was a project in here ,that was a Nintendo/squared vewlix build, were they guy had a setup like that. Any help wouldn't be appreciated!  Thanks.  :cheers:

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:37:59 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Control display
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:50:15 am »
What I'm looking to do is addd a small screen to my arcade that will display the button layout for the game selected. I swear there was a project in here ,that was a Nintendo/squared vewlix build, were they guy had a setup like that.
Sounds like the software you're looking for is either headkaze's CPWizard with stigzler's CPWizBiz or Howard's MAME Hooker.

The build you mention is probably zerohex's Project NESFlix.
I think we can finally chalk this up as complete other than software tinkering and adding games here and there.

Can see the album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskUxhi9j

There are a number of other builds that use a secondary display, such as RxBrad's Avengerless Avenger.

Scott

-jp-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2018, 06:22:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Control display
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 01:07:03 pm »
That was exac exactly what I was looking for! Thanks man.