Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 240p and pixel perfect emulation for consoles?  (Read 329 times)

bluetrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
240p and pixel perfect emulation for consoles?
« on: December 18, 2017, 04:03:25 am »
After finally got a working setup with groovymame and all the 240p glory I move on the console side of things.

This may be stupid question but do all the emulators for the 240p consoles in general output the native resolution automatically? Letīs take the snes at 256 x 224 (NTSC). Will it ouput this pixel perfect for example with the emulator station or znes, as long as you have low resolution and a crt monitor that can out it? Or are there "special" emulators for crt /low lag use, like groovymame?

Thanks!

spacorn

• Offline Offline
Re: 240p and pixel perfect emulation for consoles?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 01:53:12 pm »
It's different for every emulator, that's why I'd recommend sticking to RetroArch and/or Mednafen which can handle several systems.

RetroArch let's you set up individual fullscreen resolutions per system (even per-game), but you can also use super resolutions so you don't have to set them all up one by one.
If you're not familiar with RetroArch you should start by getting familiar with it first. Once you're there, here's a configuration file template setup with super resolutions

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:01:35 am »
Mame does do quite a bit of consoles well.

silmalik

• Online Online
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:03:10 am »
Hi,

You can give a try to the emu4crt Mednafen mod:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155264.0.html

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31