Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question on U360 Rotary upgrade  (Read 1373 times)

Trnzaddict

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 02:22:55 pm
Question on U360 Rotary upgrade
« on: December 17, 2017, 05:30:05 pm »
Hey guys. Has anyone RECENTLY purchased the add on?

So I read a thread over a year and a half old about the Rotary upgrade for the u360's. I was seriously bummed. I heard one user say that fighters became unplayable when he installed the upgrade???? Also design flaws with parts hitting against other components when moved in a certain direction? I finally have enough money to buy U360's, but for something that's going to cost almost 200 beans, I'm hesitant now.

One of my favorite games is S.A.R and it has been a dream to play  with Rotary function. Plus I love how the U360 can be programmed to become many joystick types. This would make many games on my cab more enjoyable.

What I'm asking here in a nutshell is if these issues are still present?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:39:46 am by Trnzaddict »

haynor666

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 am
  • retro maniac
Re: Question on U360 Rotary upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »
Sadly mechanical issues are still probably there because I didn't heard about any new revisions. Firmware recently has been released to deal with some problems like too fast spin and self rotary during movement. It's better right now (I forgot to post Andy about this) but still You don't mechanical restriction so You can still accidentally rotate player during movement. The best choice would be to buy two U360 sticks and mount rotary into one of those. Since there are some games that need two joysticks this could be quite good setup. Another optio would mechanically restrict stick more than standard restrictor mounted with U360.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:06:54 pm by haynor666 »

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Question on U360 Rotary upgrade
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:48:54 am »

There was a change to the handle length but that was a long time ago and we are not aware of any issues since.

New firmware divides the rotary speed by 4 and also has compensation for cancelling movement caused by motion of the joystick.