Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rock ola cd-8 bubbler jukebox please help  (Read 2413 times)

junkman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2018, 08:50:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rock ola cd-8 bubbler jukebox please help
« on: December 16, 2017, 09:36:41 am »
I'm having a issue with a jukebox of mine that I just purchased. It's a Rock ola cd8-b bubbler jukebox. The issue so far that I'm having is someone cut the transformer assembly wires which is part # 58623-a for the two plugs going to the PCB assy part number 58270-1a. I have purchased two new plugs for it but don't know the wire placement for the two plugs. One is a 9 hole plug at j3 on board. The other is at j2 on power supply board. They are color coated but there are two blues two oranges and two greens. And one of each of these colors has a white sticker mid ways of the wire can you tell me what that's for and maybe a drawing showing placement of each wire. The other wires with strips im pretty sure I know location. The pictures I have in the parts catalog shows the wires split out to the other plug. I have included pictures thanks Terry

junkman

• Offline Offline
Re: Rock ola cd-8 bubbler jukebox please help
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:44:09 am »
I was hoping someone had one of these and could share some pictures of wire placement from the transformer to both plugs   like I said the ones giving me trouble are the two green  and two blue and the two orange wires  there's two of each color and each color one has a blank white tag mid ways of the wire don't know what that's for. But if someone out there has one of these please if you would take some pictures and send them to me. Thank you guys

junkman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:16:08 am »
Ok have found the wiring diagram for the plugs. But still have a issue I have two orange two blue and two green. One of each of these colors has a white tag mid ways of the wire. Can someone tell me what this means and if it even matters and if it does which pins would the ones with the tags go. Thanks for your help.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:18:38 am »
Hi Terry,

Going by the circuit diagram the cwires wth the stripes go to the centre taps on the transformer, you can check the impedence of the windings or meter the voltages after latching up the primary winding.

The last secondary winding that is across the center tap blue/yellow and yellow is somewhat unusual.

I hope this helps you.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK