Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Disaster Artist. Thoughts?  (Read 1816 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
The Disaster Artist. Thoughts?
« on: December 15, 2017, 02:33:33 am »

Saw this on the weekend with my girlfriend. Not sure what to think of it. It's a well made movie about a badly made movie. Where does that leave us? Incidentally I spent the whole movie thinking that the younger guy (Greg) was James Franco when actually it was Dave Franco, his younger brother. James is Tommy, which in retrospect makes sense since James is 39  ;D

How well did they make this movie about a bad movie? Stay for the credits. It's uncanny.

In any case my girlfriend says she's not letting me pick any more movies :duckhunt

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: The Disaster Artist. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:34:25 am »
I feel like The Room horse has been beaten to a damp puddle.  Yes, it's an unnerving and weird movie.  Memes about it were worn out 5 years ago.  I'll watch this.....some day.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: The Disaster Artist. Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:41:21 am »
I feel like The Room horse has been beaten to a damp puddle.  Yes, it's an unnerving and weird movie.  Memes about it were worn out 5 years ago.  I'll watch this.....some day.

I knew nothing about The Room so in that regard I had an open mind.

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981