Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Director PLayer Error, Videos, Please help  (Read 9951 times)

jgoucher12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2017, 08:56:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maximus Director PLayer Error, Videos, Please help
« on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:32 am »
So I setup MA on a WIn10 machine and it all works fine, I had marquees, Snapshot pic etc in mame, I then took all my .FLV video files I got from EMUmovies years ago and set the link to that folder in MA preferences. Now every time I run MA and select mame I get a pop up, "Director Player Error" Script #player do you want to continue, and it just happens over and over and no videos play, I changed to "convert to bmp", I set "long" and still no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help? Thanks all

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:20:11 am by jgoucher12 »

Sandman71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 10:33:08 am
  • All wife wanted was Outrun.
Re: Maximus Director PLayer Error, Videos, Please help
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:31:59 pm »
Not sure what causes it but I can attribute it to one specific item that caused it on my machine the other day.  I was updating an emu logo in Theme Editor and the image size was pretty large, 8.5meg photo.  I've has problems with low res still looking bad so I tried to find a really high res image. 

MA would not load after that, it began to but I was getting that error and if I hit continue, it would end up freezing.  That large jog image did it.  Had to find a lower res image, but still sharp.

Hope this helps.  Not a solution however.

Sandy

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Maximus Director PLayer Error, Videos, Please help
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:53:39 am »
thanks to this response it saved me alot of headache. i redid my whole mame folder and downloaded all new media which i didn't have to.
I realized some marquees were too big..i looked at my old mame folder and all those marquees were much smaller in dimensions. i sorted by dimension some were over 8000x____!!
big dimensions like over 4000x___  i removed and replaced with smaller ones i had downloaded from emumovies 5 years ago.

it is unfortunate that they probably replaced alot with higher resolutions that arne't compatiable w/ ma

so that was the issue.
if you got an error before even starting the menu it means the first game it pulled up has a big file size and didn't even get a chance to display it.