Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What should I do with this?  (Read 2667 times)

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 03:07:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
What should I do with this?
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »
My artwork arrived today, yay!

But it arrived with "folds." (Not actually folded.) Is this workable? Will it stretch out during application?

Sent from my car phone

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Re: What should I do with this?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:34:17 pm »
Sandwich if flat on clean floor with a piece of glass or cardboard with a shitload of books on top for a few days. If still wrinkly, lightly warm with a hair dryer and re-smoosh. Then whatever wrinkles are left should come out in the app.

Depending on the quality of the vinyl it may or may not work out if you try and stick it without giving it a chance to flatten out first.

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 03:07:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:35:26 pm »
Sandwich if flat on clean floor with a piece of glass or cardboard with a shitload of books on top for a few days. If still wrinkly, lightly warm with a hair dryer and re-smoosh. Then whatever wrinkles are left should come out in the app.

Depending on the quality of the vinyl it may or may not work out if you try and stick it without giving it a chance to flatten out first.
Thanks for the info. It should be good quality, as it's from this old game.

Sent from my car phone

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:40:08 pm »

Thanks for the info. It should be good quality, as it's from this old game.

Sent from my car phone

If it's the 3m stuff with air release (unsure what TOG is using nowadays, but I'm sure it's quality) then it's probably just the masking that giving you the wrinkle and folds. I'd probably let it rest flat a few days anyway, better safe than sorry, but it's likely fine once you squeegee it on.