Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone know who manufactured this MAME Cabinet? He brought it 10 years ago. Ebay  (Read 4367 times)

80sarcadegames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 09:03:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Guy is selling this in Michigan in eBay.
Wants. He paid $2700 for it.
Says "it doesn't work, can't figure out what is wrong with it".
Wants $350.00 for it.

Any idea who originally manufactured this?

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
It probably isn't from a vendor. Somebody likely just built for profit.

That art is generic stuff you can get online.
http://www.gameongrafix.com/multi-arcade-side-art-224/multi-mini-marquees-side-art

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
It probably isn't from a vendor. Somebody likely just built for profit.

THIS - No company has ever put out a CP that cluttered or mae artwork out of every game marquee they could find slapped together ( since paying royalties to every company for their artwork would cost more than the system sold for ) - actual arcade companies don't try to make their machines run every game ever made - they design it specifically for a single game or subset of games so the CP can be kept manageable. It's someone that was throwing a machine together and selling it for an outrageous price to someone that had more money than sense.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:28:45 am by JDFan »

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
It might make a decent base for a multicade if you can get it cheap enough and are willing to re-work it a bit...

That control panel is a fugly beast.  I would only consider buying this for the cabinet, monitor, and buttons/sticks.  I would then put a more modest two player CP on it.  I would offer $150 and not pay more than $200 - and thats assuming the monitor works and the controls are decent quality.  Chances are whatever computer is in that thing will need to be replaced. 

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:49:40 am by smass »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:45:20 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
It looks like there is an Act Labs light gun in there.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:27:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Worth it for the controls.  Someone around here will likely pay stupid money for that light gun.

Strip that control panel down to the trackball and 2 joysticks, throw the rest in a box for a future project.  Peel that awful sideart off.

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Cheapskate Arcade
Good catch on the light gun - agreed - worth the asking price if that gun comes with it - I would still offer like $200 cash - he will probably take $250 if he is asking $350...

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Good catch on the light gun - agreed - worth the asking price if that gun comes with it - I would still offer like $200 cash - he will probably take $250 if he is asking $350...
   OR.... I you would have any interest in it at all, give just him what hes asking, in good faith or work out a trade. because most likely it would be gone by the time you get done haggling out a deal, making him feel cheated, and giving him time to not be your best friend by the time you get over there and see where it "used" to be before he sold it to someone else.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Listen to smass. He speaks troof.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

jennifer

• Offline Offline
   Oh ya I can just about imagine the logic, Screwing a guy doing you a favor sounds like really good idea to me too.... And next time you make a deal with your new friend in such a small community bet that's going to go even better, Maybe even get yourself on the short list of "awesome" buyers/sellers, and finally get overlooked on that holy grail....All over some old C/mame project.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
   Oh ya I can just about imagine the logic, Screwing a guy doing you a favor sounds like really good idea to me too.... And next time you make a deal with your new friend in such a small community bet that's going to go even better, Maybe even get yourself on the short list of "awesome" buyers/sellers, and finally get overlooked on that holy grail....All over some old C/mame project.

What in the world are you talking about, lady? He’s buying a game, not going on J-Date.

Guy wants money, buyer offers money, guy accepts offer. The end.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Buy instantly, the stuff on the panel alone is worth the asking price, and the thing probably just has a bad power supply on the PC, most likely thing to fail.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
    See yots, even P/oliver can see the value of such a machine, Really no need to lowball the guy.... But all that aside, you don't know who that guy is, Or why is he selling some junk mame?, Its been my experience that he might just have a few better machines hidden away, and if someone flashing half the cash he is asking, (even as a down the road package deal) you would not be on his short list of potential buyers, sucks to be you I guess because those games get sold to people that will pay what their worth.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
W. T. Literal F?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Well, a dead MAME cabinet is worth about -$100 on an open market... So....

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am

Agreed. Even if the lightgun and spinner are worth some cash, it's 10+ years old in unknown condition. You have to take the a mid 2000's mame cab with it.

:dunno I've accepted terrible lowball offers simply because I wanted something gone. Never faulted them. Ultimately it was me who accepted the offer. It's called bargaining, and it works both ways.

Now when someone changes offers after the fact, tries to back out, comes back and expects me to ship after I give them a lowball deal or pulls that "I don't have exact change, will you accept $xxx less?" gimmick, those effers can take a hike.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
The image glitches on this website are occasionally very amusing....

jennifer

• Offline Offline

Agreed. Even if the lightgun and spinner are worth some cash, it's 10+ years old in unknown condition. You have to take the a mid 2000's mame cab with it.

:dunno I've accepted terrible lowball offers simply because I wanted something gone. Never faulted them. Ultimately it was me who accepted the offer. It's called bargaining, and it works both ways.

Now when someone changes offers after the fact, tries to back out, comes back and expects me to ship after I give them a lowball deal or pulls that "I don't have exact change, will you accept $xxx less?" gimmick, those effers can take a hike.
   Ya that's kinda what Jenn is saying. "That" guy is not someone your going to call next time you got something to sell. and that is a 2 way street. So his quick pic bargain hunting ultimately is a problem down the road should he want your DK or something....The problem would be worse I would imagine on C/list (Although I have not tried it yet) where competition factor and exposure is increased, jerk the guy around and you lose out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:35:32 pm by jennifer »

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Cheapskate Arcade
Well.  I guess I would just do the normal CL dance - the thought of buying something for the asking price on CL makes my skin hurt.  So yeah, confirmed, its an okay deal at the asking price so if that makes you feel better, pony up the 350...

jennifer

• Offline Offline
     Sometimes I get so jealous of the C/list crowd, like Jennifer is missing out on some kind of awesome new age venue, And someday hope to at least try it, Perhaps my karma "theory" becomes a bit Jurassic in such a setting.... I cant help thinking you cant build that M/cab for 350.00, so what's the problem, who's to say what's its worth, monitor condition, and travel distance/time could be considered a variable I would suppose. but still it is what it is, and  to the right home could be considered just another fun deal.   

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
I hope you pay the full asking price, and none of the controls or guns work. Then you can call Jenn the C word or something and be justified.

JK, offer what you're willing to pay. If you got 225 burning a hole in your pocket, offer it up. Guy might have other people talking the talk, but cash in hand trumps jibber jabber.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
I hope you pay the full asking price, and none of the controls or guns work. Then you can call Jenn the C word or something and be justified.

JK, offer what you're willing to pay. If you got 225 burning a hole in your pocket, offer it up. Guy might have other people talking the talk, but cash in hand trumps jibber jabber.
  Your just mean.... :badmood:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline

Your just mean.... :badmood:

*you're

and thank you :*

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
I'll bet all the controls and encoders work. That is all modern gear that has low failure rates even when used 24x7, almost never fails in light home use. Also, notice those stainless steel handles, weren't those an expensive thing someone on here was selling? That monitor could very well be a D9200 or at least a working arcade monitor that was possibly new when installed. There is way more than $300 there. The gun is the only thing I could see not working, and that is only because it isn't built to the same level of durability as the other stuff.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
I'll bet all the controls and encoders work. That is all modern gear that has low failure rates even when used 24x7, almost never fails in light home use.

I bet you only read what you want out of posts and don't care about the context.

jennifer

• Offline Offline