Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Mamehooker use possible in windows 10 64bit? Specifically for Outrunners?

(1/3) > >>

shaolindrunkard:
So I've been playing a crap ton of Outrunners and its quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Since my cab has xinput rumble in the seat I was thinking it would be cool if I could get some rumble going, I checked the Outunners manual and it appears as if it had a similar shaker system to the original Outrun so in theory I think this is possible.

However trying Mamehooker with the latest version of Mame and windows 10 proves to be a no go, I get no outputs via Mamehooker. Not sure if its the OS or Mame or both, I have read some threads suggesting it could be the version of mame (latest) I'm using although I did try an older version that I heard still had support for outputs .169 and still got nothing so I'm not sure where to look next.

If I get this working or not is not a big deal but i just thought I'd inquire. It would be neat.

Howard_Casto:
I added that output myself, it was one of the first, so unless somebody changed the driver...

Note the sticky in the software forum.  Outputs needs to be set to "windows" in your mame.ini

shaolindrunkard:
Thanks for the response, I did that but I still get nothing from Mame into Mamehooker. I tested my device through Mamehooker and it works, but I get no outputs going into Mamehooker. Maybe I need to use an older version of Mame?

Howard_Casto:
Nope.  I'm not sure what you are doing, but I just tried the latest version of mame with outrunners.... all the outputs are still there.  You do know that outputs don't appear until mame uses them right?  So you won't see any until the attract mode. 

You should get a "mame_start" message in the debug menu even if the game doesn't have outputs.  If you aren't getting that then something is screwed up. 

shaolindrunkard:
Okay well, thanks for trying to help. I'll mess with it when I get home from work. I did actually go past the attract mode and into a race and crashed the car a couple times to see if that triggered anything, but nothing. I get a mame_start message but only after I click Enable Hooking in Mamehooker and the nothing else. Maybe I'll try it on a different PC and that might tell me if my cabs PC is the culprit...

Thanks, I'll report back if I figure it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version