Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!  (Read 121496 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2020, 01:18:10 pm »
Don't use pedal override.... it even says it's experimental.  Setup your pedals within outrun's menu then use wheel override in fxt if needed. 

ArcadeDreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2021, 09:45:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:34 pm »
Okay, so I'm a dumb-dumb. I am trying to implement the FXT, and I can tell I'm doing it wrong. I'm trying to see if there's a video tutorial online, but no luck so far. I unzuip the rar, take the contents of the rar into the folder that has OutRun 2006. I have no clue what the fonts are and I don't know how to install it by right clicking. I ran FXTConfig as admin. When I try to run the game, the icons used are still for PC and I have trouble with changing the controls, (and I swear it has trouble what left and right is? I can't tell what's going on there). I apologize for my total ignorance.

thebirdsolution

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2020, 12:12:51 pm
  • I'm using tilt controls!
    • Twitch Streams
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2020, 02:13:47 pm »
This may be more suited to the hacking OutRun thread, so my apologies. This thread seems more active in recent months so I thought I'd enquire here.

So I've had FXT running for a few months now, and after a bit of fiddling, it's all pretty seemless now. Got AF injected through the NVIDIA Panel, fixed the bloom, got a nice ReShade preset that I'm still kinda tweaking to get things closer to PS3 OOR with the high contrast levels. My question is simply how complicated is the texture format for this game? Is extracting and editing the textures a fairly seemless process? Does the engine have limitations in terms of image resolution you can bring in? I'm weighing up whether I want to start planning a larger texture update for OR2 once I've squared away a few projects I'm working on currently, and whilst probably the PSP version would be the easiest to work with for me, I'd feel remiss if I didn't target the best version first.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2020, 04:05:13 pm »
It just uses regular dds files but that isn't the problem.  The problem is I never fully worked out the container format so any replaced textures have to be of identical size and texture format.  So you can alter textures but you can't up-res them.  If you could I would have already done it.  ;)

Plesbien

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2020, 05:48:10 pm
  • Logitech G29 user
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2020, 05:48:57 pm »
Don't use pedal override.... it even says it's experimental.  Setup your pedals within outrun's menu then use wheel override in fxt if needed.

I'm not - those are my settings in the screengrab. Sorry if it was unclear, I was saying that whether I have pedal override on or off it gives the same issue.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2020, 01:36:39 pm »
I managed to arrange an online game of Outrun Online Arcade on the PS3 with someone over the weekend! First time I've played it online in probably 9 or 10 years.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2020, 05:44:38 pm »
Excellent vid bro  :cheers:

Nostradadu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2022, 07:31:49 am
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:25 am »
Does anyone happen to have a Logitech DFGT profiler he'd be willing to upload? I swear I can't get that thing to work with Outrun. At best I got the pedals working but the car won't react to the wheel no matter what.

Edit: okay, finally figured out how to use the Logitech Profiler software. As you can tell, it's the first time I'm using a wheel... now, regarding OutRun, my problem is that either:
- The pedals inputs are simply not recognized even though they are well configured into the options,
- Or both pedals go to the maximum value, cancelling each other and rendering me unable to move forward.

I tried to tweak with the options which explains the different results, but none managed to satisfy me. Yet. Did anyone manage to make a Driving Force GT to work with FXT? I tried with the regular version of Outrun 2006 but got pretty much the same results…

Edit 2: wew, finally managed to fix it... hot damn, I wish some proper documentation came with that stupid wheel. Just in case anyone comes across the same issue with a logitech wheel: make a profile for OutRun, click onto the first pedal, select axis properties and tick "invert polarity". That ought to do it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:56:40 pm by Nostradadu »

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2020, 02:28:34 am »
really enjoyed that video.. thanks for sharing..

Joaquim2020

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 07:47:06 am
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2020, 12:35:43 pm »

Talos91

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2021, 01:15:35 am
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2021, 04:05:50 pm »
Guys does FTX work with the steam version or do you have to remove the drm? Also does anyone know if it is possible to change the ports the game uses for LAN? any .ini setting?

Retro77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2021, 06:55:56 am »
Hi All,

I have OutRun 2 FXT set up and working great on a Sega Racing cab. Thank you Howard. This should be popular with my friends when we are permitted to see people again  :-\

I have a couple of questions.

I have installed the arcade button mod which removes the keyboard button prompts. But I can see a different, newer style button section when I ALT-TAB the screen (I can also see it briefly when I quit the game. What option do I need to use to get it to show on top of the main game screen?

As it is an arcade monitor 31hz, I am running this at 640x480. Crt-emudriver resolutions installed.

When I run the game windowed I can see the newer looking view buttons, but running the game in windowed full screen as opposed to full screen messes up the graphics. It is hard to explain, but there are extra lines that aren't there when running non windowed.

Also, the intro screen has stayed as standard Outrun 2 (minus the Press Enter prompt) instead of the Outrun 2 FXT with the arcade start button image that I have seen in other posts. Is this a different mod? If so, does anyone know what it is please

Thanks.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2021, 01:25:56 pm »
Hey y'all, so this isn't specifically related to FXT, but this thread seemed as good as any to post this in. There's something a bit screwy going on with the frame rate in my version of Coast 2 Coast. It's been doing it for as long as I can remember, but it seems to be getting worse over time. There are instances in the game where suddenly for a couple of seconds, the game will suddenly feel like it's going waaaay too fast, making controlling the car and not crashing into things really difficult. Other times, the frame rate will, for a short period of time, seemingly get a bit chuggy, but yet the game will still feel too fast. It's weird...

I've previously tried turning V-Sync on in the NVIDIA control panel and setting the monitor refresh rate to 60HZ, but it hasn't made any difference. I can't see it being a performance issue, as the game ran without issue on my old single core Pentium 4 back in the day, so my i5 shouldn't be struggling...

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2021, 04:00:24 pm »
It's a known issue and I haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory solution.   Locking the refresh rate helps..... sometimes running the game in xp compatibility mode helps as well.  The slowdowns might be on my end.... when the game runs too fast fxt is getting data faster than it's used to and that can eat up resources normally used by the game.  In a perfect world this would regulate the games speed but in practice it can cause a glitch or two.   I've only got a few more goals with this project and then maybe I can move on to hacking another version of the game or perhaps something new.

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2021, 03:56:28 am »
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to force Outrun 2 FXT (and the transparent layer) to shut down fully by pressing Escape?

I have this in a driving cab, which also uses MAME, Model 2 and 3. This is now the only game I can't get to shut down with Escape.

I am using a frontend (Attract Mode). When setting Escape for all of the above, all work aside from Outrun 2. The main exe closes but the layer stays active (alt-tab shows this).

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to force it to accept Escape. Or somehow send Alt-F4 when Escape is pressed for this game.

Thanks

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2021, 06:19:03 am »
I'm not sure how to get the program itself to do that, but... you could use a workaround in AutoHotKey. I have an awful lot of those set up for teknoparrot, and tend to use them for most games now.

I'm using this example for Sega Rally 3 - track set 3. So it renames a folder full of tracks for Sega Rally 3 to use, then it waits half a second, then it runs a bat file that is just teknoparrot with the SR3 profile (for other games it might run a different profile for my wheel and perhaps switch resolutions as well) then it waits (not exactly necessary because the only other thing in the script is a hotkey. After that, when i push the "x" key it shuts down the list of programs you can see. I think the only one that matters here is the rally.exe one, but you could list anything there.

Then the script runs SR3-close.bat, which i think might be empty but used to do something (and for other games might change the wheel profile back to deafult, and reset screen res for the frontend.)

Anyway, you could grab autohotkey, run the AU3_spy application to get the names or classes of the programs you want to shut down, and just setup esc:: as your hotkey.

FileMoveDir, C:\games\Sega Rally 3\Rally\main_release\tracks set 3, C:\games\Sega Rally 3\Rally\main_release\tracks, R

sleep 500

Run "C:\games\teknoparrot_1.41\SR3.bat"

winwaitactive, Rally.exe

~x::
send, esc
process, close, rally.exe
process, close, racing.exe
process, close, racing
process, close, parrotloader.exe

Run "C:\games\teknoparrot_1.41\SR3-close.bat"

sleep 2000

FileMoveDir, C:\games\Sega Rally 3\Rally\main_release\tracks, C:\games\Sega Rally 3\Rally\main_release\tracks set 3, R

sleep 2000

exitapp

return

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2021, 07:40:57 am »
Awesome. Thanks for the advice, buttersoft.

I will definitely give this a try.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2021, 09:36:43 pm »
If you are talking about an instant kill via escape no, that doesn't happen and intentionally so.   The load times in 2006 are outrageous so you don't want to accidentally kill the game when you are just trying to access the menu system.   I highly recommend leaving the game as-is where escape brings up the menu and you can select your choice from there. 

BigTinz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2021, 10:39:40 pm
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2021, 09:39:55 pm »
There are instances in the game where suddenly for a couple of seconds, the game will suddenly feel like it's going waaaay too fast, making controlling the car and not crashing into things really difficult. Other times, the frame rate will, for a short period of time, seemingly get a bit chuggy, but yet the game will still feel too fast. It's weird...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not crazy. I've noticed this for years, but it's so subtle that I thought I was imagining things.

Very frustrating. Never noticed this issue on any non-PC versions of C2C.

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2021, 06:40:50 am »
If you are talking about an instant kill via escape no, that doesn't happen and intentionally so.   The load times in 2006 are outrageous so you don't want to accidentally kill the game when you are just trying to access the menu system.   I highly recommend leaving the game as-is where escape brings up the menu and you can select your choice from there.

Hi Howard, thanks for the response. The reason I want this is because I have this installed in a Sega racing cab. All of the games on it quit via an additional quit button assigned to Escape that I have added outside the cab (along with a coin button for those games that need it).

I would rather users not have access to the menus. It works great how I have it set up now

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2021, 06:52:59 pm »
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has successfully got Outrun 2 FXT to work with an APAC to allow gear drifting in manual?

I have all controls working using wheel over ride with the wheel on P1 side of APAC and pedals on P2 side but when selecting manual I can't get it to drift when down shifting.

I know the PC version allows this as I can do it with a keyboard but I haven't found the right combination to get it to work using the driving control pots.

If anyone could post how they have their controls/wiring set up that would be great.

Cheers

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2021, 09:43:32 am »
I might be teaching you how to suck eggs here, but you do understand that you need to immediately shift back up after you've shifted down to get the gear drift working? Also, you need to be going at least a minimum of 150mph or over for the gear drift to work. If you try it any slower than that it won't work, you'll just change down and up gears and then usually crash into a wall (unless you drop down 2 gears and back up by just one, which let's you do the drift at a slower speed). If you've got a device you can successfully change up and down gears with, you should be able to pull off a gear drift.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:45:18 am by MrThunderwing »

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2021, 12:19:20 pm »
Cheers for the reply, Mr Thunderwing. It was me that commented on your YouTube video with the same issue.

I feel like I have tried every type combination using the base game and the FXT configs. If I use keyboard, gear drifting works straight away. But if I use the APAC it doesn't. At least in my case.

I am certain it is because my pedals are on a different side to my steering and gears. But I haven't found the right combination yet. It isn't possible to have 3 pots on one side of the APAC.

I also messaged Andy at Ultimarc to see if the APAC being displayed in Windows as 2 joysticks could be disabled but it can't. He did say U-HID should do it though.

I have managed to get it to work when using a key to accelerate, then using my wheel and gears (a bit awkward to test :) ) . I have also tried increasing the polling speed of the USB just in case that was the issue.

I am hopeful that I will work it out eventually. As everything else works. Brake drifting etc plus all the other controls. There is just something that is stopping gear shifting from working.

I was hoping someone had managed to do it before via APAC so I could copy their config

Cheers

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2021, 04:10:56 pm »
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has successfully got Outrun 2 FXT to work with an APAC to allow gear drifting in manual?

I have all controls working using wheel over ride with the wheel on P1 side of APAC and pedals on P2 side but when selecting manual I can't get it to drift when down shifting.

I know the PC version allows this as I can do it with a keyboard but I haven't found the right combination to get it to work using the driving control pots.

If anyone could post how they have their controls/wiring set up that would be great.

Cheers

I'm confused, your using an analog shifter?

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2021, 04:26:57 pm »
Everything is wired through the APAC.

So, steering pot (analog) and gears (digital) are on player 1 side of APAC. The pedals (analog) and the VR buttons (digital) are on the other side.

I have got all controls to work but gear drifting doesn't work. I am lost as to why. That is why I was hoping someone had a config I could copy, maybe

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2021, 04:53:50 pm »
So, you mentioned that all your controls are otherwise working normally, so I'm assuming you can shift up and down gears in manual? So, when you say the gear drift doesn't work, what actually happens when you steer into a corner and quickly shift down and up?

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2021, 09:05:33 am »
It drops down a gear and just slows down. It is bizarre because if I use the default keyboard settings it works every time. I think it is because the gears are wired on the opposite side to the pedals on the APAC.

I have tried all different kind of options with the FXT mod but haven't found the right one yet.

Looking at this thread and I think most people are using a G27. I was hoping someone had success using an APAC.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2021, 01:20:19 pm »
So are you saying when you try to shift back up, it doesn't and you just stay in the lower gear which is why you're slowing down? What type of physical device are you actually changing gears with? A gear stick? pedal shifters? Buttons on the wheel?

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2021, 05:55:00 pm »
It shifts back whenever I want to. It doesn't seem to matter what car, the amount of dropped gears or how long (or short) I leave it between shifts it won't gear slide. The reduction in speed is due to the lowered gear, the brake isn't being used.

Like I  mentioned earlier, with the keyboard I can get gear drifting to work every time just not with a shifter (seen as a joystick in game and Windows via APAC)

The shifter is a digital sequential mech.

I just can't figure out why, if everything is working as it should, then why should this part of the game mechanics not?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2021, 08:47:41 am »
I'm at a complete loss as to why this won't work for you. The only last ditched attempt at a workaround I could suggest, is maybe if you keep the gears assigned to keys and then use something like Joy-2-key to assign those keys to whatever buttons your wheels shifters get assigned to and seeing if that helps.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:07:18 am by MrThunderwing »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2021, 05:47:53 pm »
It's entirely possible that it has something to do with the way I hacked the gears.   You've got to remember that they are supposed to be sequential but I hacked the code so an h-shifter can be used as well.   I can confirm that keys are handled differently than buttons so yeah, you might want to try joy 2 key and see if that helps.   I'm sorry to say that I work on the game so much I rarely get a chance to actually play it for extended periods...... I mostly just goof off without worrying about time when I play it.   

Retro77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2021, 12:11:58 pm »
Thanks for the advice, chaps. Also, no need to apologize, Howard. If it wasn't for your efforts this game wouldn't be in my cab at all.

Cheers

EDIT: It Works!!!!!!

I used a combination of joy2key and rocketlauncher to launch the game through AttractMode with the gear override on FXT turned off.

Thanks Howard for this mod and thank you everyone for your help.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 06:01:04 pm by Retro77 »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2021, 12:44:49 am »
Well, i finally got FFB wheels, and wanted to thank you, Howard, for the FFB mod :) And to confirm that changing to the keys works better for drifting, but it's still not great. It's like there's something the game's original up/down gearshift keys are doing that your inputs are not. That's just a feeling though.

I also have a questions about FXT's configurable LAN mode - i realise it's experimental but I can't get it to do very much. The box won't even stay ticked in the GUI :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2021, 02:23:16 am »
Well it doesn't do much.   Right now it, in theory will take you into the lobby and set all the settings you configured.... in practice, not so much.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2021, 09:01:30 pm »
MrThunderwing, I'd like to ask you a question about drifting in different versions of OR2.

The drifting in Outrun 2 is amazing, obviously. It's what makes the game as good as it is, to my mind. But is the drifting the same in each version? (Not counting the FXT mod, where substituting the gearshift inputs makes it hard to trigger a drift with them.) Someone on one of the other channels I visit makes the claim that the original Chihiro OR2 and the Xbox release of it, have better drifting physics - as in, it feels even nicer. And that every version since (SP, C2C, Online Arcade) has changed things for the worse, if only slightly.

As the individual here with the most experience, i was hoping for your input on the subject.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:31:39 pm by buttersoft »

Zeether

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2021, 08:55:38 pm
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2021, 07:03:03 pm »

I'm not - those are my settings in the screengrab. Sorry if it was unclear, I was saying that whether I have pedal override on or off it gives the same issue.
I just signed up because I noticed you had the same issue I had. The G29 uses Logitech's "G HUB" instead of the old software and to my knowledge there isn't an option to invert pedals, which is why throttle/brake are that way. I'd like to know if anyone else here has gotten a G29 working with it.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2021, 01:22:32 am »
Welcome to the forum :)

If the pedals are separate Accel/Brake you shouldn't need to invert them, the game can handle that. You go in game to the options, then controls, then to the pedal. When it says Min Brake or whatever, just wait a moment until the full meter drops to zero, i think? Or if not, after ten seconds or whatever just leave at min brake position and hit enter. Then hold max, hit enter. If min is above max, the game knows the pedals need to be inverted.

One bug i had in steering is that when you don't turn the wheel right to the edge, if you go in game and turn to the edge it will invert - so wheel hard left flips over and makes you turn right. I'm not sure if the pedals do that as well, but i don't think so.

I just signed up because I noticed you had the same issue I had. The G29 uses Logitech's "G HUB" instead of the old software and to my knowledge there isn't an option to invert pedals, which is why throttle/brake are that way. I'd like to know if anyone else here has gotten a G29 working with it.

Zeether

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2021, 08:55:38 pm
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2021, 11:12:09 am »
I did that but it only made the pedal go to max and waiting didn't drop it back down. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like, it never changes.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:21:18 am by Zeether »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2021, 07:14:22 pm »
For me it might have sat high, i can't remember. But then it moved down when i pushed the pedal. It appeared to be going the wrong way, of course, but the game can handle that.

So, for you, it always sits high when the pedal is at rest? Then, after waiting a bit, when you push the pedal all the way down it still sits high? And you're definitely not using a combined axis?

You might look into controls mapping with something like UCR, if you really get stuck. Not ideal, but it should work.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2021, 11:29:02 am »
MrThunderwing, I'd like to ask you a question about drifting in different versions of OR2.

The drifting in Outrun 2 is amazing, obviously. It's what makes the game as good as it is, to my mind. But is the drifting the same in each version? (Not counting the FXT mod, where substituting the gearshift inputs makes it hard to trigger a drift with them.) Someone on one of the other channels I visit makes the claim that the original Chihiro OR2 and the Xbox release of it, have better drifting physics - as in, it feels even nicer. And that every version since (SP, C2C, Online Arcade) has changed things for the worse, if only slightly.

As the individual here with the most experience, i was hoping for your input on the subject.

Yo! I don't know if I'd use the term 'better' but I think there is a definite subtle difference between the handling of the original OR2 on the OG Xbox and the subsequent offshoot versions of the game. I think there seems to be a more noticeable difficulty gradient in the way the easy, intermediate and hard level cars handle in the OG Xbox game (and I'm assuming the Chihiro version by extension - It's been about 15+ years since I played an actual OR2 cab and I don't think the beta Chihiro version I've played in CXBXR Reloaded really counts, as the association of difficulty with each car is different to the finished game).

Ages ago I was obtaining some footage from the OG Xbox OR2 for a video, and I jumped straight in with the F40 (i.e a hard level car) and manual transmission and coming off the back of the PC game I noticed it was more of a struggle to keep the car on the track and not crash. Playing Coast to Coast on the OG Xbox, that gradient seems (to me at any rate) to still be there to a certain extent, but for some reason the handling felt a lot more forgiving in the PC version when using a pad. No idea why that would be the case. TBH though, I can't really tell any difference now between the PC version, OR2 SPDX in Teknoparrot and OOA on the PS3.

One thing though that definitely makes the original OR2 harder than it's younger siblings is the fact that you get penalised far more severely for collisions with other cars. If you drift into another car in OR2 you fly up into the air and lose an absolute ton of speed. In Coast 2 Coast, SPDX and OOA (and I think the original Chihiro version of OR2 SP) you just plough through the other vehicles (possibly not CPU rivals though, can't recall...) with a far less greater loss of speed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:32:22 am by MrThunderwing »