Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How bad is Youtube for finding anything that has to do with actual arcades?  (Read 3133 times)

voltz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2018, 01:17:59 am
I just don't get this site.

Over the majority of the year, I've gone from being able to find anything from cool cabinet setups and tour videos (Japan even), to anything that has to do with putting the label "Arcade" on top of everything. I'm not looking for Arcade Fire, Omlet, emulation, ticket and claw machines (screw the people who post these type of videos, seriously), or whatever it is you want to get your numbers up.

How did the YT community get so bad at posting videos about real arcades and real arcade games?  Isn't there any new content coming out anymore?
Moff's the Stuff!

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
You must first add the word Canadian to the search terms

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
   I would assume that the people who still enjoy them are quite limited in number, a relatively small group of go big or go home , If you try to bring up the conversation at dinner parties, you find the younger crowd finds arcade machines Jurassic by design and the graphics just suck, (cant really blame them) for that is their opinion and its not far from truth, and that would explain the lack of interest in making videos on the subject....
Jennifer doesn't watch a lot of U/t but Rays pinball tech tips really stands out in my mind, (its not all pinball) and between  him and his odd little buddy they still make it a lot of fun.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:35:11 am by jennifer »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:57 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
You must first add the word Canadian to the search terms

Imaginary rep for you, also blowing kisses your way...
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
Our own Delusional has a good channel, as does Chance (Canadian Arcade), I also enjoy Johns Arcade, and TNT Amusements (on occasion), That Tim Guy...

There is plenty... I think a bit too much really. What's wrong with you not digging a bit. There is a lot of content out there. Just look harder.  :dunno
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

voltz

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the replies.

Delusional and TNT are great channels and I have a few other collectors that I follow, including YourMKArcadeSource, John's Arcade (Thanks so much for the CD dude!), etc.  What tends to really tick me off is the way I see this as indicative of arcade culture and going by the way trends have shifted over the years, many of the newer generation aren't really into it and have sadly become the overtaking majority.  I have to type in so many exclusions just to cast them out, it's just downright asinine.  Kind of like the way 70's disco went out of style.

I'm also shamed that there isn't anything of actual 'new' content following releases unless I'm searching sites like Arcadeheroes for what little they produce.  I know of Nex Machima and Skycurser being out, but from whatever else even outside the states there just doesn't seem to be anything other then all this junk from the amusement side. (and I try to avoid this like the plague)
Moff's the Stuff!

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:56:20 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
There's been 5 good arcade games released in the last 20 years - tops.

What the hell do you expect to find on YouTube?  Hard hitting news from 1987?  We're officially in the era where very few people under 35 even remember arcades.

voltz

• Offline Offline
I can certainly remember way more then 5 in that time span, especially when it comes to the titles Japan never allowed us to have a chance at. (Lord of Vermillon or Wonderland Wars interest you?)  We also had Killer Queen not very long ago, but that's been in only a few select locations and I doubt I believe in the real value costs that Raw Thrills would have you believe just to build each unit. 

and 35?  I'm almost tempted to start another topic to see how many members actually had a car plus a job while the industry was still at it's peak.
Moff's the Stuff!

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
I can certainly remember way more then 5 in that time span, especially when it comes to the titles Japan never allowed us to have a chance at. (Lord of Vermillon or Wonderland Wars interest you?)  We also had Killer Queen not very long ago, but that's been in only a few select locations and I doubt I believe in the real value costs that Raw Thrills would have you believe just to build each unit. 

and 35?  I'm almost tempted to start another topic to see how many members actually had a car plus a job while the industry was still at it's peak.
  OMG, was that fun, times, I had a Camaro back then with giant tires on the back, and when I would go really fast ,fire would shoot out of it and light up the night. ;)

voltz

• Offline Offline
What I would give to drive something like that.

Well with Vidme closing, ArcadeHeroes has decided to not host their industry vlogs on YT as free content and opted for DailyMotion instead.  I don't know of any channels I could use as an alternative to this.
Moff's the Stuff!