Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WRE Wallbox Install Instuctions  (Read 2734 times)

pioneersvc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2017, 04:21:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
WRE Wallbox Install Instuctions
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:07:04 pm »
Hello, just purchased a used WRE wallbox and AMI power supply #401-06891 for my R-86 Rowe jukebox and looking for detailed instructions to properly connect the hardware together,unfortunately the R-86 manual does not provide details however does mention "wallbox adapter kit" which I have been unsuccessful in locating. Most of the wiring in regards to speaker and power supply seem pretty straight forward......its the LOGIC COMMON & DATA connections from wallbox to the ccc board the concerns me as to proper connection location. Any help would be greatly appreciated....thank you in advance.  Regards.....Steve

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: WRE Wallbox Install Instuctions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:06:09 am »
Hi Steve,

You can use an interface but most of them just are a means to connect multiple wallboxes, some may include a fuse in the data line.

You need a suitable wallbox transformer to provide the 30 volts AC to the wallbox.
Connect onto P-103 on the CCC you only need two connections:-

Pin 3 Logic Common
Pin 4 Serial Data (put a half amp inline fuse onto this to protect the CCC)

Pin 1 is the KEY

The wallbox should be clearly marked.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

pioneersvc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »
Hello Alan, thanks for getting back with me.......connected all necessary hardware unfortunately wall-box is showing varies intermittent random readouts and not communicating with  R-86 jukebox. The P-103  5pin connection point is positioned vertically on the CCC board on jukebox......should I count from top position of  vertical 5pin connection as pin #1 and connect at the pin #3 and #4 position points counting down? Short of double checking connection points at P103 can not think of other options to consider as the juke operates properly,power supply good and new short length 18 awg cable.When you have a moment would appreciate your feedback...Thanks.  Regards....Steve

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:48:55 am »
Hello Steve,

On the outside of your CCC case on plug P-103 the top connection the Key is pin one with pin 6 being the bottom connection.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

pioneersvc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 04:16:03 pm »
Thanks Alan .........Working great !!! Happy Holiday's from Florida, :applaud: USA

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 10:06:23 am »
Hi Steve,

I am glad to hear that it is sorted.

Have a good break over Christmas and the New Year.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK