Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ford Racing 3 vs Ford full blown racing - any comparisons  (Read 1964 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ford Racing 3 vs Ford full blown racing - any comparisons
« on: November 19, 2017, 11:13:18 pm »
I'm just starting to look into these games now, due to the latter being emulated on the PC.

Are they the same game, with the arcade one just having the same tracks all unlocked already.

I can play the pc version of Ford Racing 3, and its not too bad.

I like playing Sega racing games, and would probably play the full blown also, if i can ever get the emulator working.

has anyone played both, or maybe in an actual arcade, what do you think of the games.

later

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
Re: Ford Racing 3 vs Ford full blown racing - any comparisons
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 11:22:24 pm »
I have played both a little lately, I found them almost the same game between arcade and pc. I actually got the pc version mostly now for the simple fact it has working ffb but otherwise it appears they are much the same

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
Re: Ford Racing 3 vs Ford full blown racing - any comparisons
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
I have played both a little lately, I found them almost the same game between arcade and pc. I actually got the pc version mostly now for the simple fact it has working ffb but otherwise it appears they are much the same

thanks for the information.

i like games with progression, and unlocking cars and tracks.

i find the top car AI to be a little cheap, and the rubber banding for the rest to be typical.

can't talk too much about the car handling yet, but the car sticks to the ground pretty well, and the drifts
are pretty average.

sure it's not a visual fest, but the graphics for the time, and era are decent enough.

later