Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultrastik 360s and JoyToKey Issues  (Read 1940 times)

Quattro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2021, 02:00:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultrastik 360s and JoyToKey Issues
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:21:16 pm »
I'm using an I-PAC2 and two Ultrastik 360s in my cabinet, and trying to get these sticks working with games has been a huge pain with almost everything I've tried to map them with. Because the sticks aren't connected to the I-PAC, JoyToKey sees the sticks as their own keyboard (I think). So I can't map my buttons to JoyToKey...it just doesn't see them. JoyToKey only sees my stick movements. Is there any way to get JoyToKey to recognize the buttons? For example, in my MAME input mappings, all the buttons are mapped to keys on my keyboard. Shouldn't MAME say "Joy Button 1" when I press Button 1 instead of LCtrl (what it's currently assigned to)? I should say that MAME is fully functional, it recognizes all my buttons and stick movements, but it's been an issue with other games. Street Fighter IV for example, won't recognize the sticks' keybindings from JoyToKey. Are there any other steps I'm supposed to take to get the sticks and I-PAC2 to work nicely with each other?

SlyBlueFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 12:11:50 pm
Re: Ultrastik 360s and JoyToKey Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:47 pm »
1) How are your U360s connected to your PC? Each has its own USB cable or connected to the IPAC?
2) How are your player buttons connected to the PC? Are they connected to the IPAC or through the U360 wiring harness?
3) I know with JoyToKey you need to make sure you are programming the correct joystick. From when I set mine up, my first U360 was actually joystick 6. Later on I found out you can make it joystick 1 in JTK (can’t remember how).

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:32:46 pm »
Forget joy2key and others x360ce I tried all of them and it was a headache every time. Your solution is UCR : https://github.com/evilC/UCR
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:36:48 pm by fablog »

Quattro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2021, 02:00:40 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:26 am »
1) How are your U360s connected to your PC? Each has its own USB cable or connected to the IPAC?
2) How are your player buttons connected to the PC? Are they connected to the IPAC or through the U360 wiring harness?
3) I know with JoyToKey you need to make sure you are programming the correct joystick. From when I set mine up, my first U360 was actually joystick 6. Later on I found out you can make it joystick 1 in JTK (can’t remember how).

1) Each has its own USB cable connected to the PC.
2) Every player button is connected to the IPAC.
3) My sticks are recognized as stick one and stick two. When I move each stick around, JTK highlights the inputs correctly so it recognizes them.

Forget joy2key and others x360ce I tried all of them and it was a headache every time. Your solution is UCR : https://github.com/evilC/UCR

I've never seen this program. What makes it so much better than the popular options user mention around these forums?

SlyBlueFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 12:11:50 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:29:41 pm »
JTK will only be able to map your joystick directions to keys and not your player buttons since they are connected to the IPAC and not to the U360. Each U360 shows up as a joystick and the IPAC shows up as a keyboard. In order to play other games outside of MAME, you’ll either need to remap the controls in-game or create a new IPAC profile for that specific game as well as create a JTK profile for that specific game (if required).