Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problem with crt emu driver and arcade monitor  (Read 2273 times)

freak107

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2018, 12:34:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Problem with crt emu driver and arcade monitor
« on: November 18, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »
Dear friends

I decided to change my arcade cabinet configuration from AVGA5000 to an Asus Strix R7 370 4GB so i would be able to use all the features of groovymame has to offer

My problem is that after following the procedure described for a GCN card my monitor is flickering and even messing with horizontal and vertical  sync of the monitor i cannot read anything

I am using windows 7 64bit with CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 10 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN* cards) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits
My GPU has a DVI-I converter to VGA and my cable goes to an Arcade Monitor Video Amplifier and then to the monitor

My monitor has a Polo 2 chassis

I dont know what to do

Please help me

i attach a picture of the problem (not so clear) and a link to a 5 second video

PS: My power supply is a EVGA 600B and has the 6pin connected on the card ( my issue is that my cards fans are not spinning and i am afraid that the wattage of the PSU is not enough)
Maybe the problem is there?
edited: Just found out that the fans kick in when temp is 60 C so... is normal
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:43:16 pm by freak107 »

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
Re: Problem with crt emu driver and arcade monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 01:59:09 am »
Did you follow the instructions in this thread for setting up CRT Emudriver?...
http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1052#p1052

Which monitor preset did you pick during the setup?  I would probably start with the arcade_15 preset first as I don't think there's one for the Polo/2

It's possible that whatever preset you picked is just out of range for your monitor.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

freak107

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2018, 12:34:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 03:42:18 am »
Dear krick
i followed the instruction as per the link and whatever preset i pick up has the same output
i tried generic_15, arcade_15 standard, arcade_15 extended, hantarex polo even arcade dual sync (which is not correct i know)
all presets have the same output as the video and i have to be very precise on the hardware controls of horizontal and vertical frequency to have that image
(every time i changed a preset i disable and enable the EDID emulation

i dont know

PS: configuration with AVGA5000 was working flawlessly (except for the not supported resolutions)

PS2: The only thing i cannot check right now is the DVI-I to VGA connector which was not there during AVGA5000 configuration (maybe is faulty?)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:23:27 am by freak107 »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »
It won't be the adapter - that picture is close enough to working to say the adapter has to be, i'd say.

Is the amp a  Jpac, or something else? If not, how does it handle sync, exactly? What level is it producing? Composite or separate H/V?

Have you tried going into ArcadeOSD and adjusting the front and back porches for that modeline, or the scan rate?