Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade 60 in 1 with golden tee  (Read 2138 times)

BuckeyeTim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2017, 04:01:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade 60 in 1 with golden tee
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:39:08 pm »
Hello all I am looking to build a arcade unit with a 60 in one donkey kong bd and also golden tee. I have a tech background with electro mechanical skills...component level repair...soldering...schematic knowledge.

But i am not sure were to start. I was going to buying a bare cabinet. I am looking for the best resources to plan this out. I am off work for 6 days over christmas and was hoping to knock it out...

Thanks all

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 03:07:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
Re: Arcade 60 in 1 with golden tee
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »

Hello all I am looking to build a arcade unit with a 60 in one donkey kong bd and also golden tee. I have a tech background with electro mechanical skills...component level repair...soldering...schematic knowledge.

But i am not sure were to start. I was going to buying a bare cabinet. I am looking for the best resources to plan this out. I am off work for 6 days over christmas and was hoping to knock it out...

Thanks all

:dizzy:
Is this real life?
 :dizzy:

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:09:32 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 06:35:02 am »
6 days? Best refurb an existing cabinet. You'll need to start ordering stuff soon.

I built my first cabinet over christmas break, so it's definitely possible.

Niels Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2018, 05:35:06 am
  • I built a Star Wars themed arcade cabinet
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147851.0.html
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:05:30 am »
6 days is a really tight time frame if this is your first arcade cabinet (took me months using spare hours) but with good planning ahead and not dwelling to much on tiny details it could be possible (but still I think the time'll fly by before you know it). I think you could save a lot of time if you can find a precut (mdf) parts kit or if you already have a design let it CNC cut somewhere. Ofcourse an old existing cabinet is also an option, just make sure to be well informed on it's condition and calculate the time you'll need to gut it, restore it (sanding, filling holes and stuff like that). Also keep in mind the time you'll need for adding several good layers of paint on the MDF (or else one spilled drink will ruin your cabinet) or if you're going to use another material to cover the cabinet. Think about stickers you want to have printed for the sides/control panel/marquee, how many buttons, lay-out, the screen you're using and how you'll attach it in the construction (also will you cover it with a glass plate/acrylic glass or keep it bare and so on).

I wish you the best of luck!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:14:26 am by Niels Arcade »
I built a Star Wars themed arcade cabinet
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147851.0.html

SuperGojira2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2017, 05:14:53 pm
  • Trying to learn...
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:36:52 am »
Isn't Golden Tee a horizontal game? How are you going to switch from Golden Tee to a vertical 60 in 1?