Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: No sound Ms. Pac-Man  (Read 4687 times)

Kateann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2020, 10:29:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
No sound Ms. Pac-Man
« on: November 15, 2017, 12:11:46 pm »
Hi all,

When our Ms. Pac-Man arrived in May, it needed to be stored until last week or so (inside the house - in fact in the hall way  :) ) - and we just tried to plug it in today.

It worked immediately, but there is no sound.

When we bought it, there was sound.

I've been looking for the potentiometer in the coin door, but seems there is none.

All new to restoring arcade games, so I do not dare to touch anything inside the cabinet in fact - not even when the game is unplugged. :-)

So 3 questions:
* might some connection be loose because of the transport
* do I need to turn the volume on the PCB? I am pretty sure the settings are the same as when we bought the cabinet.
* when I unplug the cabinet. What is safe to touch and what not? I know I have to stay away miles from the G07 monitor and the red thing, but what about other wires, switches, the pcb.

Better safe than sorry, so sorry about the maybe really dumb questions.

Thanks.
Ann

vwalbridge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
Re: No sound Ms. Pac-Man
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.