Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Moving back to the US, will be away from fam till X-Mass.  (Read 1785 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
Moving back to the US, will be away from fam till X-Mass.
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:13 am »
I usually read more then post, but have hardly been on BYOAC at all lately, have had a whole lot going on.

My wife wanted to spend a year home with the kids, so we decided to do a stint back in the US. I got a job offer in Brooklyn and have come back to NYC, ahead of my family to prepare to start work next week. I miss them terribly and it's only been day 1 of 5 weeks. I'll be flying back on Dec 22 to do Christmas with them and to bring them all back with me.

Hoping to keep busy with the new job and setting up our lives here. If that doesn't fill the void, then there's always you guys and the intrigue of building shrines to 20+ year-old children's video games.  :cheers:

harveybirdman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • SHMUP'EM
Re: Moving back to the US, will be away from fam till X-Mass.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:41:58 am »
Y'all are inspiring bruh... lived and done more than most!

Hope it all goes well!

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:59:34 am »
I usually read more then post, but have hardly been on BYOAC at all lately, have had a whole lot going on.

My wife wanted to spend a year home with the kids, so we decided to do a stint back in the US. I got a job offer in Brooklyn and have come back to NYC, ahead of my family to prepare to start work next week. I miss them terribly and it's only been day 1 of 5 weeks. I'll be flying back on Dec 22 to do Christmas with them and to bring them all back with me.

Hoping to keep busy with the new job and setting up our lives here. If that doesn't fill the void, then there's always you guys and the intrigue of building shrines to 20+ year-old children's video games.  :cheers:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I lived in Virginia for 2 years and my wife visited. It was tough. I focused on work and arcade building. I built and sold a lot of games in that 2 year period.

While it seemed rough at the time, we look back fondly at our memories we made. You'll get through!

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:29:43 pm »
Thanks guys.

My wife and I did a year apart when she first went over seas. That was tuff but I lived, the additions of two children does not make it any easier.

I ordered a 60 in 1 board and plane on building a small table top at some point. I'm also feeling inspired by PBJ's free crap thread.