Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky  (Read 1864 times)

SpyhunterUK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2017, 05:20:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LEDBlinky
« on: November 03, 2017, 04:41:01 pm »
Hi,

I have LEDBlinky lighting my emulators/games (non-mame) as I want so that 1 player games only light the 1 Playe controls (default) and when they are 2 player games it lights both sets.  I understand how to do this in the Controls Editor.

But my question is this - is there an easier way to edit what games use the different 2 player controls rather than copy and creating a new one (naming it after copy within the Editor).
Is there a file that I can edit via Windows that does the same job - where are the settings for each game controls saved when created in LEDBlinky. 

I have yet test my mame games.

Thanks in advance.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:04:34 pm »
Search the forum for a utility called RocketBlinky - it will import the pre-defined controls for a large selection of emulators.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

SpyhunterUK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 10:51:44 am »
Thanks but that sets up the XML control file.  Is that were the game controls are saved per game for other emulators?

What i mean is that I have setup a default one player setup for my Amiga games, but want to light controls for the 2 player games.  To do this I am creating the 2 player setup file (copy) and creating a profile in the LEDBlinky Control Editor for each game, eg: IK+, Chaos Engine.  So that when I go into the game it lights the 2nd player's controls.  This is working well, but I have over 100 games to add and I wondered whether there was a quicker way to do this rather than using the control editor.  I canot find the file that saves the games configs/leds in LEDBlinky eg: IK+, otherwise I could copy and paste into the file for the other games.

Thanks.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »
The LEDBlinky Controls Editor stores data for all emulators and games in the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file. Although you could edit the file manually, I would recommend against it - any small inconsistency in the expected data format could cause issues with LEDBlinky and I won't be able to provide support in that situation.

RocketBlinky will create control configurations for Commodore Amiga,  Commodore Amiga CD, and Commodore Amiga CD32. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to achieve?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

SpyhunterUK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:34:58 pm »
I have all the correct files linked (for mame and ledbliky, controls etc) but when it runs the mame game it doesnt light the start or coin buttons and player 1 button 2 isn't lite.  Sometimes the other buttons are lite in certain games but not button 2?  I have checked the config files (control.ini, colours.ini) and they are all in there.

Help!

Thanks.