Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bought White LED for my Buttons, meant to buy RGB - Can I just buy the RGB Cable  (Read 2415 times)

rtkiii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 02:55:49 pm
  • Ready to Build! Not building? Making Movies!
    • RTKIII Productions YouTube Channel
Hi,

I bought my buttons a couple years back and after I connected everything up I realized I was an idiot and I did NOT buy RGB LED buttons.  I spoke with the reseller and there was not really anything he could do with out me forking over a lot of money for return shipping, It was my fault so I understood.  So I have just been using them...and they are fine but since I am doing some re-tweeking of my cabinet I thought I'd see if maybe someone has any to sell...the cables only...as I already have the buttons.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Rich

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
If they are white leds you cant just change the cable. They are white and will not become RGB because you change a cable.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:51:50 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
I think he means he has some random brand pre-wired LED's all daisy chained together.

without knowing WHAT you have it would be impossible to direct you in the proper way.

if you could perhaps take a photo of your buttons and LED's we might be able to tell you what you'd need to obtain to get what you are looking for.

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
Yeah I meant keep the buttons I have and get RGB LEDs, hoping someone had left overs or something.  :)

Cabinet is in storage due to my relocation.  I bought the standard LEDs from Ultimarc website back in 2013, I think. 

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
so you are going to need some LED's and a controller then.

you are eventually going to have to post a pic or tell us what you have. virtually every lighted arcade button in existence has an RGB LED option you can get. going to have to get specific.

where you looking to individually control the LED's ... going to be looking at a pacled64 from ultimarc or something if you want to be able to computer control them... or just a cheapy ebay controller if you just want to set static or rotating colors for all of them.

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
I have a PACLED card already...like i bought everything correctly...except the right LEDs  :)  And it is up and running fine....i just RGB vs just white lights  :)  I'll probably just end up buying from Ultimarc but thought i'd check here to if anyone knew another way.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
 :dunno

my psychic abilities are all wore out.

I guess since we are just going to NOT say what buttons they are. I'mma suggest to just buy some RGB 5050's and make some lights up for your button(s) 100 PCB mounted 5050 can be had for under 12 buckazoids.

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
Illuminated Pushbuttons with Microswitch and same color or RGB LED. Two-Tone Translucent. Available in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, White. Click on link under thumbnail for more pictures.  From Ultimarc site  :)

Everything I bought was from there, buttons, ipac4, PACLED, LED cables, etc.  I tried seeing if I could return the white LED cables and get the RGB ones in exchange but the shipping costs alone would have not made it worth it.

And Ultimarc doesn't sell RGB cables separate from his buttons, if I remember correctly.

3 years later I am trying to see if I can just buy the RGB cables to use in those buttons....i guess.  I'll check out your suggestion and see if those will pan out or if I need to go back to Ultimarc and just buy buttons and RGB cables.  Sorry if this was a painful thread to read...i am far from an arcade whiz and with it being 3 years since my last purchase the correct lingo and required info is just not fresh in me brain  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:18:19 am by rtkiii »

darkSSide

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:19:48 pm
  • I want to make my own money!
I'm looking for 3 white LEDs if you want to sell them. I also have these if you want to trade.

Sent from my Atari 2600

gumby510

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2022, 09:19:44 pm
  • SR-20 NX 2000
I have 21 groovy game gear Helios 9 rgb for sale. They fit in a standard IL fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
I have 30mm pele rings (work with any buttons) and wiring harness adapters, never used and will sell. Pm me if your interested.

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the offers on the LEDs but those both look completely different than what I am used too.  :)  Do they still connect the same way...I think the LEDs I have must have been pre-wired or something.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
nothing HAS to be prewired. you can always do it yourself.

heck, with enough farting around... these... would work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-1000ps-WS2812B-5050-RGB-LED-white-black-PCB-Board-1-LED-Module-Pixel-Light-5v/222256996485?hash=item33bf8ca085:m:mXscnnJwc86QZOc-JFjYuQw

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Thanks for the offers on the LEDs but those both look completely different than what I am used too.  :)  Do they still connect the same way...I think the LEDs I have must have been pre-wired or something.

Look at the pictures in hyperlinks. This is what I have. Picture will explain.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/button-leds/580-pele-30mm-led-rings.html?search_query=Pele&results=18
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/harnesses/301-4-wire-100-header-wiring-harness.html?search_query=Harness&results=164