Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can someone tell me how to remove this box?  (Read 2787 times)

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 03:07:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
Can someone tell me how to remove this box?
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:21:04 pm »
This box stays on the screen for the entire time but only for this game, (Raiden 2).

Possibly unrelated, while playing this game no bullets show up. Not mine nor the enemies.

How do I remove this, and is the bullet thing just a display issue, since this memory info is on the screen?

Thanks.

Sent from my Casio keyboard
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:13:33 pm by acvieluf »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Can someone tell me how to remove this box?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »
This game's driver isn't finished, the box at the bottom is memory info for the devs, the bullets don't work, because, again, it isn't finished. 

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:11:54 pm »
This game's driver isn't finished, the box at the bottom is memory info for the devs, the bullets don't work, because, again, it isn't finished.

I see.  Thank you.  So this has to do that i'm on an older version of mame, i suppose.  (although that's assuming that it's been fully finished after mame .151 at some point) 

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:39:28 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:47:36 pm »
I see.  Thank you.  So this has to do that i'm on an older version of mame, i suppose.  (although that's assuming that it's been fully finished after mame .151 at some point)
From info.dat:
- 0.155: Angelo Salese and Olivier Galibert fixed Raiden II - Game now playable.

Scott

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:48:21 pm »
From info.dat:
- 0.155: Angelo Salese and Olivier Galibert fixed Raiden II - Game now playable.

Scott
Excellent. Thanks Howard and PL1. Makes perfect sense.

Sent from my Casio keyboard

Haze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
    • MAME Development Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 10:21:28 am »
Well there should have been a big red warning box before that when you launched the game telling you that it wasn't working.  We put those in there for a reason, although some idiots do still seem to strip them out tho.

But yes, Raiden 2 has been fixed for quite a long time now, testing with the latest version always makes sense too.

acvieluf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 02:09:29 pm »
Well there should have been a big red warning box before that when you launched the game telling you that it wasn't working.

Yeah, well i had those removed, as the gameex screensaver was only showing a blue box for 80% of the time, so now i don't see the red boxes.

although some idiots do still seem to strip them out tho.

oh, ummmm...yeah. Admittedly, i'm new to this hobby, and MAME in general.  I wouldn't say i'm an idiot though. 

testing with the latest version always makes sense too

Well this is my first project.  Found a .151 set of "things that we cannot discuss", so i use MAME .151.  I didn't find out about updating everything until much later in the project, so i wasn't going to be experimenting with something that was nearing completion. Although I suppose i can understand your attitude.  If i had lovingly built/developed something, that someone else then changed to their liking, I'd probably be an a-hole, too.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:11:05 pm by acvieluf »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 03:04:12 pm »
Well there should have been a big red warning box before that when you launched the game telling you that it wasn't working.

Yeah, well i had those removed, as the gameex screensaver was only showing a blue box for 80% of the time, so now i don't see the red boxes.

although some idiots do still seem to strip them out tho.

oh, ummmm...yeah. Admittedly, i'm new to this hobby, and MAME in general.  I wouldn't say i'm an idiot though. 

testing with the latest version always makes sense too

Well this is my first project.  Found a .151 set of "things that we cannot discuss", so i use MAME .151.  I didn't find out about updating everything until much later in the project, so i wasn't going to be experimenting with something that was nearing completion. Although I suppose i can understand your attitude.  If i had lovingly built/developed something, that someone else then changed to their liking, I'd probably be an a-hole, too.  :cheers:

I like how you roll with the punches, brother!

/High five
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »
We've all been that idiot

Haze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
    • MAME Development Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 09:55:04 pm »
We've all been that idiot

Indeed, although this serves as a good example as to why those screens are there.

Anyway, there have been a lot of improvements since the build being used, not least for this game.

Finding a complete updated set as basically a 1-click download if you have a torrent program installed is nothing more than a google search anyway.