Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI Model JAO  (Read 2924 times)

DaveN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2023, 12:26:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe AMI Model JAO
« on: October 30, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »
Hi everyone I'm working on a Rowe JAO jukebox I have it making selections ok after cleaning and adjusting contacts but when playing  the a side of a recorded the toggle shifter coil works fine when it takes the record out of the magazine and it plays ok but when it try's to return the record to the magazine the toggle shifter coil does not engage and the record is not put back in the rack. It looks like C4 controls the coil when the record is removed but what controls it when it is put back in the magazine.
Thank you for any help you can give  Dave

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe AMI Model JAO
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:47:46 am »
Hi Dave,

It sounds that you need to brush up on your 1100 mechanism adjustments, the index coil is only energised before the gripper bow operates to place the record onto the turntable, the cross link & stop assembly (201-10823) is held in place by the collar & pin assembly (part number 201-10809) the roll pin is up against the white nylon shape riveted onto the cross link, this prevents the index pins from moving until the gripper bow has turned and is in line with the record slot.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

DaveN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:18 pm »
Thank you for your replie. You are correct I do need to brush up on the rowe JNO they are different from other jukeboxes I still do not totally understand how they work but I'm trying. Your answer was right on I adjusted it and it work. Thanks again for your time

Dave

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:58 am »
Hello Dave,

Glad to be of help.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

DaveN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 01:17:36 pm »
I got the pin adjusted and that work as it should. Now I have found that if you enter A1 it will play A2 and so on it does this on most of the A & B's entered. On the rest of the other letters it work fine. I have cleaned contacts and the buttons. The manual I have shows what to do if all entrees or of but does not say anything about only to letters. If you can help I would very much appreciate it.

Thank You   Dave 

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:34 am »
Hello Dave,

Have you checked the timing on the mechanism?

To do this scan the mechanism around to A1, now look at the stop plate assembly (behind the search unit)  the large metal gear has a 00 mark on it, it has to be oposite the step in the search unit fixing bracket on the right hand side, if it is out you need to remove the search unit and the stop plate assembly and place in the correct positon. If this is OK then you need to check that the pins on the search unit are the the correct ones, I usually do this with the search unit removed and so I can see the pins punched out.

The usual test is A1, C2, E3, G4 etc i.e. upa letter and number each time on both the A sides and B sides. If they are out then you need to check your search unit wiper positions as per the manual.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

DaveN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »
Thank You Alan. I had the search unit removed to check the pins and found a crack in the board. After I repaired the tracks and readjusted both wipers. It works fine.
You are the best 
Thank You for all your help

Dave Niccum
Georgetown, Illinois
USA 

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 07:13:19 am »
Hi Dave,

I am happy to have been of help.

All the tracks on the search unit can be bridged (I use fuse wire to bridge the brakes/cracks. If there is a break within the wiper area then the board is basically scrap.

The search unit boards are made under a special process where the tracks are pressed into the board rather than etched, a few companies tried etched boards only to find they lasted about 3 to 6 months of operation.

The usual place to check the board is where the two thin tracks through the wiper area, these supply the A & B pin pusher coils via the wipers, I have seen these tracks cut through by bad and worn wipers; again another check for the jukebox not selection A or B side records.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:25:25 am by ami-man »