Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe ami turntable motor running slow  (Read 2865 times)

Nothanksomaha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2018, 03:24:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe ami turntable motor running slow
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »
I have a 1964 rowe jbm 200 and the turntable motor started running extremely slow. Does anybody know if the turntable motor from a 1200 mechanism will work with my 1100 mechanism? I saw one on eBay and was going to try to swap it out if it's compatible. Thanks for the help, josh

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe ami turntable motor running slow
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:54:19 am »
Hi Josh,

It is the same motor.

With regards to these motors it is ok to up & down movement on the motor shaft, but sid to side or front to back movement on the shaft is an indication the the top or bottom bearing or shaft is worn out and will result in the motor binding or overheating. It might be an idea to ask the ebay seller a question regarding the above before purchase.

We always check the bearings on any we sell and fully test them on the bench before sale.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Nothanksomaha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2018, 03:24:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Rowe ami turntable motor running slow
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »
Hi Alan,

After digging through your previous posts, I saw one about worn motor mount grommets causing slow speed. I think this might be the issue. I switched out the grommets with some slightly less worn ones from a parts jukebox I have and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help, josh