Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP TO CREATE TEMPLATES???  (Read 2389 times)

numbnutz48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2017, 04:30:39 pm
HELP TO CREATE TEMPLATES???
« on: October 19, 2017, 04:19:44 pm »
I am building a couple bartops and would like to create my own artwork images, but I do not know how to create templates for sides, control panel, etc;

Is there anyone that can give me a tutorial on how to go about doing this? Any help would sure be appreciated. I have some basic knowledge of photoshop.

Thanks,

Clay :banghead:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
Re: HELP TO CREATE TEMPLATES???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:26 pm »
Take a picture of all the panels you're putting art on, from as straight on as possible.
Measure every edge, every angle, everything.

Open your picture in photoshop, take the measurements you took and on it's own layer, draw lines to those measurements, tracing the shape of your photo.  The perspective of your photo will mess with you, but if you have taken the right measurements and angles, you should be able to re-build the profile within photoshop as a template.