Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hais light gun issues with Dreamcast  (Read 2557 times)

JosephFelice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2018, 05:17:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hais light gun issues with Dreamcast
« on: July 06, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »
I am having issues with this gun and i did take it apart but didn't notice any wires lose at all. This 3rd party light gun's vibration features aren't working on two dreamcast consoles I've tried it on. I would like to see if this a way to fix this.

This is what the light gun looks like:

This is the error I am getting: 1:52 of the video with me turning the switch on to activate recoil. You will see this error a couple seconds later saying: A Controller was removed or a memory card is being recognized.

I also get this error with my madcatz dreamcast controller but to fix that I unplug the madcatz controller and plug it back in. That method does not work with this light gun. I would really like to get the vibration aka recoil to work on this gun. I bought it for 80 bucks off ebay and seller gave me 15 dollars back. I wanted 20 back because I was a little upset that he said tested and even talked about the recoil features on the gun as if he knew for sure it worked. However I settled for 15 because this is still a rare light gun. It's still good but I'd really like to see if there's a way to get the recoil to work.