Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Logitech Driving Force GT to HAPP FFB Wheel Parts List  (Read 2568 times)

bimm25e

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 07:49:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Logitech Driving Force GT to HAPP FFB Wheel Parts List
« on: December 21, 2017, 09:43:22 am »
Hi All, Looking to hack my logitech "driving force pro" wheel into a happ FFB wheel in a Midway racer.   I see that I need to replace the HAPP FFB Wheel POT's with ones that match the logitech's POT's resistance, and I see that I need to get a "servo motor amplifier"  but I don't know how to get the right part # for one of those..

I can figure out the POT's on my own but are there any other parts I'll need to get,

anyone ever do one of these and leave the MAME -> original PCB easily switchable?

TacticalChaos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 02:36:46 am
Re: Logitech Driving Force GT to HAPP FFB Wheel Parts List
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 01:08:31 pm »
How does one match pots from an arcade to a wheel that doesn't have any (outside the pedals anyway)?

*Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking...

frankrizzo2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:53:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:11:52 am »
Use the same pots as what your logitech is using. Most arcade wheels and pedals are 5k but your logitech may be 10k or higher.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:48 am »
The Driving Force Pro (and anything newer than the black MOMO) uses an optical encoder instead of a pot for the wheel.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,112330.msg1192160.html#msg1192160
The hacks that were done years ago used the original Driving Force with the blue steering wheel.  That one is old enough to use a pot on the wheel.