Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Time Soldiers & Rotary Joystick  (Read 400 times)

Haloman800

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Awfully Awesome
Time Soldiers & Rotary Joystick
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »
A local person is selling a Time Soldier's arcade, it has a "Rotary joystick", I have never run into those, and am not sure if they still have 4 way controls + twisting action, or what exactly they are.
My intention would be to swap out Time Soldier's with a 60 in 1. Would this be possible?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
Re: Time Soldiers & Rotary Joystick
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:28:10 pm »
A local person is selling a Time Soldier's arcade, it has a "Rotary joystick", I have never run into those, and am not sure if they still have 4 way controls + twisting action, or what exactly they are.
The LS-30 is an 8-way stick with a 12-position rotary switch.

In rotary joysick games, the 8-way part works like any other 8-way stick and the 12-position rotary switch is used to aim by turning the stick. (shown at 0:30 in the video)

This allows you to move in one direction while firing in another.

LS-30 SNK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaP0r8IypS0

To use the rotary function with MAME, you'll need a rotary encoder.

Scott

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:48:22 pm »
My intention would be to swap out Time Soldier's with a 60 in 1. Would this be possible?

That is a terrible donor cabinet for a 60 in 1, you would be replacing almost everything other than the cabinet wood, power supply and some of the wiring.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:41:07 pm »
Buy the cab, sent me the LS-30s and I'll post you back some conventional sticks. :P
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:19:34 am »
Buy the cab, sent me the LS-30s and I'll post you back some conventional sticks. :P
Nice try.  :laugh:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31