Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: namco sticker club machine  (Read 9531 times)

jasonl2972

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2015, 12:26:14 am
namco sticker club machine
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:57:22 am »
Picked up a namco sticker club photo booth the other day.Took it home and cleaned it up and got it working.It basically runs on a windows 95 based computer with some special hook ups for the buttons.Has duel thermal printers.I have it working and figured out all the settings as i also have the complete instruction book with it (an item i can't find anywhere else on the web!).
 My question is the print carts for the color on the printers.I've been able to locate the printer paper,it prints on a post card size sticker paper 16 little pics.The ink or film i can't find anywhere.It has two CS-P150U printers which take TCP-CS10 taxan carts.I knew these would probably be impossiable to find anywhere but had some idea's to work around it.What i was wondering is if anyone else had one of these and if anyone has every changed the printer to something more modern such as a ink jet printer.
 I was thinking about copying the program and adding it to a more up to date computer.The instruction book shows the names and locations of all the files and i have harddrive to harddrive copying hardware.If this was on a more reliable and somewhat modern computer (such as xp) i'd feel more comfortable and be able to back up the drivers and program as i'm sure i'd never find them again either.The other problem with that i think i'd run into though is the way everythings hooked up on the computer.It has a specialized card that allows the buttons to hook up and such.Although the instructions do tell me which buttons control which keys so a keyboard hack could solve this also.Just trying to get an idea of how hard this would be to put it from a windows 95 system onto a xp based system and hooking up a modern printer and camera and still have it all work smoothly.
Any thoughts?Also,if anyone has one and needs the instructions i have all the paperwork for it and could somehow make copys and get it out onto the web.
Games I own. -Neo Geo 4 slot-Sega Turbo Outrun-Space Gun-Sega Hang on-World Series Baseball-Q-bert-V Ball-Magic Sword-Asteroids-Namco sticker club-Touch master 7000-Claw machine-Slot machine

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
Re: namco sticker club machine
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:35:29 pm »
Can you make it into a word doc or a pdf maybe? I'd be interested. I think I saw one of these buried in the back of the room.

jasonl2972

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2015, 12:26:14 am
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:06:42 pm »
i'll try and get it all scanned over the weekend for you and post it here for download.It has some much needed information in it for settings and keyboard commands that without it would be impossible to ever figure out.
Games I own. -Neo Geo 4 slot-Sega Turbo Outrun-Space Gun-Sega Hang on-World Series Baseball-Q-bert-V Ball-Magic Sword-Asteroids-Namco sticker club-Touch master 7000-Claw machine-Slot machine

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:16:08 pm »
Oh, that would be great.

I'm not 100% sure thats what I saw, but someone else may have a use for it, if not me.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:52:05 am »
Hi Mate sent you a pm as I need to fin a copy of the instruction manual for the namco sticker club machine I have just bought? I hope to here from you please. Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 04:43:39 am »
It seems Jason is nowhere to be found. Would anyone else have or know where I can get this manual from? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
Re: namco sticker club machine manual
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 06:03:15 am »
Any help with this manual would be greatly appreciated? 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 10:31:19 pm »
i'll try and get it all scanned over the weekend for you and post it here for download.It has some much needed information in it for settings and keyboard commands that without it would be impossible to ever figure out.

Hi Jason still would love a copy of the instruction booklet for this machine as while changing light bulb a fuse blew and now the buttons don't register anymore Disaster!! Please help!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 11:02:41 pm »

Hi Jason still would love a copy of the instruction booklet for this machine as while changing light bulb a fuse blew and now the buttons don't register anymore Disaster!! Please help!

Might try contacting someone at Bandai Namco Amusement America - Here's the contact page ( http://www.namcoamerica.com/contact.php ) would think someone there should know how to get a manual for one of their old products !

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 04:59:07 pm »
Thx JD I sent them an email hopefully they can help?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 12:00:21 am »

Might try contacting someone at Bandai Namco Amusement America - Here's the contact page ( http://www.namcoamerica.com/contact.php ) would think someone there should know how to get a manual for one of their old products !

Thx JD they were able to get me a 6 page operators guide so if anyone is looking for this please let me know and I'll send it to you. However still wasn't able to get the buttons to work again. May be a hardware issue as can use keyboard to emulate buttons and coin mech still registers. Anyone who can help with this problem would be greatly appreciative. Thx Joe

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 11:00:20 pm »
Scan it and post it. If there's some type of schematic, one of us can look it over. That said, I would get a crash course on diagnostics.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 10:20:47 pm »
Scan it and post it. If there's some type of schematic, one of us can look it over. That said, I would get a crash course on diagnostics.
Hi mate manual quite basic with no type of schematics. Will scan though and post for anyone who needs. I have used a multimeter on the microswitches and only one of them has 3.5v going to it the rest are down at .7v?? I'm sure those switches need up around 5vs to operate correctly. Maybe the short and fuse blown somehow wrecked the lpt card the PC is using to read these buttons?? Any thoughts?

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 10:49:36 pm »
Is there some sort of interface between the buttons and the PC?

Buttons --> ??? --> PC

EDIT: Just saw this in the original post - "It has a specialized card that allows the buttons to hook up and such."
That's what I'm asking about, show us that, or any information on it might help determine how it works.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:52:40 pm by Kevin Mullins »
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 04:01:41 am »
Is there some sort of interface between the buttons and the PC?

Buttons --> ??? --> PC

EDIT: Just saw this in the original post - "It has a specialized card that allows the buttons to hook up and such."
That's what I'm asking about, show us that, or any information on it might help determine how it works.

Hi Kevin the Buttons and their micro switchs are plugged directly to the PC via an Modified LPT Serial cable and plugged into an LPT Serial card also plugged into this card is one of the 2 printers in this machine.  The other printer is plugged into another Serial LPT Card in another slot on the PC.
Please let me know if this helps? Thx Joe

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 05:23:07 pm »
Keep in mind I know nothing specific to these machines, I just like the unusual stuff, so I learn as well.

I found this pic on another thread on a different forum. I'm guessing the "interface" is the small board toward the bottom right corner and all of that gets tied into a parrallel port cable shared with one printer on an added LPT card. While the other printer is plugged into what appears to be an onboard LPT port. It's not a great pic, just wondering if it's setup like yours to some extent.

Have you tried just reseating that LPT card, or maybe moving it to a different slot if possible?

Is there a way to test printers in some sort of service menu? Maybe test and then swap printer cables around and see if they both still work if need be. (to test the card/slot they are plugged into so to speak)   

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 09:41:56 pm »
Keep in mind I know nothing specific to these machines, I just like the unusual stuff, so I learn as well.

I found this pic on another thread on a different forum. I'm guessing the "interface" is the small board toward the bottom right corner and all of that gets tied into a parrallel port cable shared with one printer on an added LPT card. While the other printer is plugged into what appears to be an onboard LPT port. It's not a great pic, just wondering if it's setup like yours to some extent.

Have you tried just reseating that LPT card, or maybe moving it to a different slot if possible?

Is there a way to test printers in some sort of service menu? Maybe test and then swap printer cables around and see if they both still work if need be. (to test the card/slot they are plugged into so to speak)   

Hi Kevin so I have tried to reseat the lpt card and have used another slot also and nothing. I need to get into the win 95 PC and see if it sees the buttons. I dare say they would be seen as a joystick. The card the buttons are plugged into are attached and a pic of the back of the PC.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 07:44:43 pm »
So no luck everything working except for those buttons.  Had a look at the device manager and the only thing showing up as not installed properly is a SCSI board.  Could this be the problem? I'm leading towards the card somehow getting damaged when I shorted the fuse changing the LED in one of the buttons?  Also replaced the fuse with a 5a one instead of a 4A as were unavailable could this be the issue? any help please.

Also attached copy of manual not much in there.

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »
Yours appears a little different setup than the one I found a pic of, but I'm sure the basic computer principles should be the same.

If you unplug the card the buttons are attached to...does the SCSI board error go away in the device manager?
(may have to reboot)
Maybe look up that card info and see if you can find another set of drivers for it and reinstall it.

Does the price term that shares that card still work? (possibly print a test page)

Is there another circuit board in between the buttons and that LPT card?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 06:40:33 am »
Yours appears a little different setup than the one I found a pic of, but I'm sure the basic computer principles should be the same.

If you unplug the card the buttons are attached to...does the SCSI board error go away in the device manager?
(may have to reboot)
Maybe look up that card info and see if you can find another set of drivers for it and reinstall it.

Does the price term that shares that card still work? (possibly print a test page)

Is there another circuit board in between the buttons and that LPT card?
Hi Kevin thx for your reply and sorry for how long a took to reply just started holidays and first chance I got to try to get it working again. So when the lot card is unplugged the SCSI error is still there and an error shows up for LPT1 which is the printer that is connected to that board and LPT3 which are the controls.  I tried to print something from that printer which it says it's ready on the printer screen but it doesn't seem to work either. Also now for some reason the camera is t working so it's going from bad to worse.
There is no circuit board between the board and the controls. All wiring for the 4 buttons and the coin mech and counter all go back to the LPT board. The 4 buttons don't work and when tested with a multimeter only have .16 volts going to them. The coin mech still works and inputs credits it shows around 5 volts.  So how come this works and runs to the same board?? I have tested all wires for continuity and all test ok all the way from the switch to the board?? I have also replace all for switches with brand new ones and nothing? Time to give up on this baby I think??!!! :banghead:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »
Bump would love to fix this?

Cooperneedstoknow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2017, 08:55:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 08:56:30 pm »
Bump. Would love to see if you ever got any resolution to this issue?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 12:16:30 am »
Bump. Would love to see if you ever got any resolution to this issue?
Never figured it out mate and sold it on.