Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: R84 Rowe Turntable runs continuously and record will not cancel  (Read 3374 times)

MO Hillbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 12:20:16 am
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
R84 Rowe Turntable runs continuously and record will not cancel
« on: October 07, 2017, 11:43:57 pm »
Hi:
Making progress on my project R-84, but I've run into a couple of problems.  The turntable runs continuously and a record will not cancel after play or by the cancel button.  When the machine is turned on, the magazine will make a full revolution and stop.  With credits established, it will then allow the selection of a record and then place the record on the turntable as it should.  It will not return the record to the magazine.  I have the service manual for this box, I'm just not as well versed on the Rowes as I am Rockolas.  Thanks in advance for giving me a starting point or ideas about the possible problem.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: R84 Rowe Turntable runs continuously and record will not cancel
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:52 am »
If you press the cancel button on the mechanism does the cancel led light on the Mechanism Control?
When the service switch is in the service position and you press the cancel button what happens?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

MO Hillbilly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 12:20:16 am
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:49:52 pm »
Thanks for your reply Alan. 
When I pressed the cancel switch the cancel LED lit, also, when in the service mode, pressing the cancel switch caused the magazine to scan.
However, now I have a whole different set of symptoms/problems.  I reseated all the connectors and now the  magazine scans continuously.  The following mech control LED's are lit:  cancel, opt. switch home, mag motor and detent.  The same conditions occured when I installed another computer control center.
I am really confused.  I have a spare mech control board, which is a 4-07221-05, but it does not have the auto mix connection on it.  I don't need the auto mix function.  Will it still work in place of the original mech board (4-07221-01)?  Does this even sound like a mech control board issue?  Thanks.  Randy.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:10 am »
Hi Randy,

Yes the Mechanism Control can be fitted but you may have to adjust the home and index trimmer pots.This mechanism control was for use on the R-89 to R-94 jukeboxes, you would find the adjustements in one of these manuals.

Have you checked the opto switch adjustments? The reason I ask is that you have said that the opto switch home led is alway lit, it should only light when it gets to number 99, the index led will flash at every slot (basically evey tooth on the large gear that the opto switch fits over.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

jayohio19

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2018, 10:49:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 04:43:43 pm »
Hey I have the same problem with my R84, it won't come of the record and the cancel button when pushed makes a click noise and a light lights up on the mechanism board, I am a complete noob at this, I have been playing this for a week and then it just started doing this.

Thanks
and thanks for making a board for these topics

Jay

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 08:57:59 am »
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forum.

If I were you being as you are in the USA, I would send the following boards to AB Leisure for testing/repair:-

Central Control Computer (CCC)
Pricing board (just under the CCC it has a clear plastic cover)
Mechanism Control (on the front of the mechanism/carousel)

Bruce at AB Leisure can test/repair them for you, alternatively you could send them to me in UK for the same service.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK