Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala 174 and newer versions of MAME (0 games found error)  (Read 5185 times)

immortalsoule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 10:12:43 pm
Mala 174 and newer versions of MAME (0 games found error)
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:28:03 pm »

I keep getting "0 games found" (when, in older versions of MAME, it does find the roms) and i get a code of >82 about the XML.

What's the work around or setting that corrects this?

I've been trying MAME 0.182 and up and having this issue.

I would rather not use the beta of Mala until it's ready and all the bugs works out of 0812 version.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:01:47 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Mala 174 and newer versions of MAME (0 games found error)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:04:25 pm »
Sounds like the XML change made in 0.162.

There's a workaround at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145865.0.html.

Scott

immortalsoule

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 10:12:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 12:05:23 am »

There's a workaround at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145865.0.html.

Scott

Thanks for the help and forgive me for saying so but.....why don't they just alter the Mala code if all new copies of MAME deal with this? I mean, even if it's been fixed in the BETA....why not just fix the existing 0174 stable?

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 07:25:02 am »

Scott

Thanks for the help and forgive me for saying so but.....why don't they just alter the Mala code if all new copies of MAME deal with this? I mean, even if it's been fixed in the BETA....why not just fix the existing 0174 stable?
Because Mala hasn't been updated in a long time, and the source code isn't available for others to fix. This has been asked for many times, but there are copyright issues involved, or something. Shame really.

bosco

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 01:00:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »
Because Mala hasn't been updated in a long time, and the source code isn't available for others to fix. This has been asked for many times, but there are copyright issues involved, or something. Shame really

I don't quite understand it.  I don't think swindus would care if the source was released.  I thought he would be contacted so it could be.  Mala is old, outdated and useless.  Loadman seems to be to busy to update it to make it usable.  I guess we just need to be happy with "dead" software".  It's a shame but it doesn't seem like anything will change anytime soon.