Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Did forum member "Knievel" author a book regarding "Control Panel Wiring"  (Read 1540 times)

80sarcadegames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 09:03:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
As per the post reply #95 in the link below suggests...the infamous wiring guru member "Knievel" wrote a book about how to wire (they are referring to control panel wiring
in this post below) correctly so that you have a nice clean control panel wiring layout???

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,53980.80.html

mccoy178
It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
Trade Count: (+9)

Go Bucks!

Re: (1) New MAME Good, Cab (Stock) - ***CP Wiring complete***
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2006, 06:43:24 pm »
This looks great Timoe!  Nice clean wiring and great overall design.  I can appreciate the time it takes to wire a cp correctly.  Just trying to keep up with Knievel is difficult, but it looks like you read his book.  Again, sharp looking cabinet and great artwork.  Also, how fun was all that soldering on the led's? :dizzy: :cheers:

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
I miss that mans builds! Attention to detail at it's finest... Also Mountain. Those guys were studs.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ian

• Offline Offline
But no... as far as I recall Knievel did not write a literal book on wiring. He was speaking figuratively. As in "Ian really wrote the book on how to date super models".  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:25:53 pm by Ian »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:02:50 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
*male super models.

Ian

• Offline Offline
*male super models.

Jealous as usual Mike A? They tell me you are great with your Pi.  :laugh2:

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:02:50 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Its all in the wrist. Amateurs ignore the wrist action.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html

Ian

• Offline Offline

rackoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
knieval is a stud :angry:     I asked him a few questions and he got right back to me, gave me a few tips and he even sent me a pdf file with the layout of one of his control panels so I could save some time on layout. :notworthy

For me the neon cab set the bar. I wont even build cab anymore unless they are at the least the level of his stuff.  Of course I'm just copying  him though. but only because his work is so lagit :applaud:
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

Ian

• Offline Offline
knieval is a stud :angry:     I asked him a few questions and he got right back to me, gave me a few tips and he even sent me a pdf file with the layout of one of his control panels so I could save some time on layout. :notworthy

For me the neon cab set the bar. I wont even build cab anymore unless they are at the least the level of his stuff.  Of course I'm just copying  him though. but only because his work is so lagit :applaud:

Yep... it was flawless... as was Mountains builds. The guys were just on another level.