Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pedalstal Arcade w/ Flat Panel Wall Mount - PC or Console?  (Read 1326 times)

csnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
Pedalstal Arcade w/ Flat Panel Wall Mount - PC or Console?
« on: October 05, 2017, 09:04:47 pm »
I currently have a Golden Tee 2015 / Silver Strike pedestal cabinet with a wall mount flat panel, so I thought about adding a pedestal cab that can play modern games that were designed for 16:9 viewing.  I am torn between a Xbox 360/Xbox One vs a PC.   Has anyone done both and prefers one over the other.  It appears that a lot of games are getting released on Win 10, so I am leaning that direction.  Controls are simpler with a PC via an I-PAC.  Is there a front-end that can manage Steam in the background?

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: Pedalstal Arcade w/ Flat Panel Wall Mount - PC or Console?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »
Console would be a waste of time IMHO. There are so many great games to play on PC, console jut cant keep up. Plus you would'nt be able to create a menu system on console.

My front end of choice is Launchbox/Bigbox. It works well with steam.

csnow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:37:38 pm »
That is what I was thinking too.  Nice rig you have there.  Why didn't you go with a larger screen since you have ample available real-estate?

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
Thanks ,You mean mount a larger screen directly on the wall instead of building the back piece. Well for one there's cost. Its actually like a 47 inch tv and they aren't that cheap. Its actually bigger than it looks in the picture. But also if i ever move I can move the whole thing in 2 pieces instead of having to find another wall to mount it to. Also mounting a tv to a concrete wall is likely no pick nick...

I like the look of a cohesive machine personally instead of just a pedestal with a tv on the wall. I need to build a marquee for it, that will make it look much more like an actual arcade machine...