Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kega Fusion - Keyboard Mapping in fusion.ini  (Read 7021 times)

spiffo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2022, 03:19:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Kega Fusion - Keyboard Mapping in fusion.ini
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:00:55 am »
Can anyone help me editing the fusion.ini file?

If I try and configure a 6 Button Controller in the Options Menu, every time I press the Key for the Z Button it takes that as the Mode Button as well, no matter how quickly I try and press the key :-(

I could edit the fusion.ini manually for the  Player1 and Player2 controls, but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything that tells me what numbers map to what keys.

Can anyone help?

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
Re: Kega Fusion - Keyboard Mapping in fusion.ini
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:21:15 pm »
Which key on the keyboard are you assigning to the Genesis "z" button? Does anything unusual happen when you assign the keys, or do you only know that the key you assigned to the "z" button is also the mode button because that is how it behaves when you play a game?

If you tell me all of your key assignments for player 1, I can duplicate it on my install and we can compare our "Player1Keys" line in Fusion.ini
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

spiffo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2022, 03:19:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Kega Fusion - Keyboard Mapping in fusion.ini
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:25:09 pm »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155447.0.html

I have another topic open which is related to this problem, whenever I assign Player1 Button 6 to the Keyboard 'R ALT', I get very strange effects. I get two different key codes for one button press, one on Key On and then another on Key Off.

This is why I had problems with Kega Fusion, I didn't realise I was getting these two Key Codes sent from one button press.

I wondered if someone could provide me with a link to which particular Key Codes are used by the fusion.ini file so I could edit it manually to get around the problem.

There are many different standards for Key Code Inputs and I couldn't work out which particular standard the fusion.ini file was using?