Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Amiga emu fs-uae & CRT Emu 2.0 on W7  (Read 2918 times)

JMD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2023, 04:53:09 am
    • jm1200.fr/index.php?r=20
    • JMD
Amiga emu fs-uae & CRT Emu 2.0 on W7
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »
Hello,

Thanks Calamity and all the community for the great tools, drivers and documentations.

I use CRT Emulation drivers since few years on a Windows 7 - Generic CRT – Cab.
I upgraded my config with HD7850 & CRT Emu 2.0 last week : the tutorial is easy to understand for a French like me and all is very nice with groovymame (Arcade + consoles + Amstrad CPC emu).
Everything is perfect except Amiga fs-uae that I can not configure correctly. I specify a resolution of 640x480 but the screen is always divided by 2.
How do I configure fs-uae and VMM correctly?
Would you know a simple tutorial or would you have the trick?

Thanks in advance for your help !

JMD
-- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --
There is the theory of Möbius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop

R-Typer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:47:03 pm
  • C64 Rulez!!!!
Re: Amiga emu fs-uae & CRT Emu 2.0 on W7
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 03:10:52 pm »
For Amiga I recommend 336x288@50 which will cover most amiga lowres resolutions.

You should also set static resolution (not dynamic) in VMMaker as well.

JMD

• Offline Offline
    • JMD
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:26 pm »
Thanks R-Type, I added this modeline to the users list and set it as static with VMMaker but I don’t know how to force fs-uae to use this mode.
.. But when looking at fs-uae configurations options to do this, I found fullscreen_mode option to force a fake fullscreen with a front window on the desktop.
My desktop is 640*480@50 so it’s now ok !  :D

Here is my fs-uae configuration file :
Code: [Select]
[fs-uae]
fullscreen_mode = desktop
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
window_border = 0

Many thanks for your help !
There is the theory of Möbius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:10 pm »
At 480i the amiga isn't going to look right. 288p works for most people, though i seem t have to use 262p. Run something like Gods by the Bitmap Brothers, and watch the text scroll during the introduction. If it jerks and scales, you're not on the right res.

JMD

• Offline Offline
    • JMD
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 02:31:08 am »
Hello,

For right res, I think I must switch from fs-UAE to Win UAE.

I don't think fs-uae should be pixel perfect due to his internal rendering method.
Scaling and Video Options
OpenGL is used for video output, with many options to tweak how the Amiga display is present. The Amiga display is streched to your screen by default, but you can enable aspect correction, zoom in or out, enable shaders for advanced effects, and use custom themes.

Video Synchronization
Synchronize to your 50 Hz monitor (for PAL Amiga emulation) or 60 Hz monitor (for NTSC Amiga emulation) for perfect scrolling in games without the micro-stuttering which will otherwise occur. Available on all supported operating systems.

I found your configuration recommandations on CRT Emudriver 2.0 - Emulator compatibility list thread.

I will try this.

Thanks a lot

JMD