Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Just switched from an ArcadeVGA to CRT Emudriver; a few issues/questions  (Read 316 times)

DaddyLongLegs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Hello!

I had an Arcade VGA (the latest one) in my arcade machine setup but I recently decided to get rid of it and get an ATI Radeon HD 6450 because I was told there are way more resolutions that would be supported for various games and for a few other reasons.

Anyway I installed the latest version of CRT Emudriver and when I followed the guide, it said I should now see ARCADE_15 as the monitor in Windows. However, I am seeing this:

I am only seeing Generic monitor and not ARCADE_15 that the guide said I should see. Is this OK? I am using Windows 10, could that be why? It is a Wells Gardner K7400, so it is a standard res monitor, so I am also worried it says 30hz. Can anyone give me insight into this?

When I am playing a game in MAME, how do I know if it's in the correct resolution? The thing that worries me is Windows 10 is only giving me the option for 640x480. Why isn't 320x240 an option? Is it actually switching to a lower resolution when I pick a game?

Also, another major reason I switched to  CRT Emudriver was that I was told it would help with my sound issues. For example, in Killer Instinct, it never ever says "Fight On" right before a match. It always stutters or crackles or something and it never says it. I was told this had something to do with monitor timings or something and CRT Emudriver combined with GroovyMame and I should no longer have that issue but it is still there. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or if there's still something else I need to adjust in the mame.ini to fix this?

I really appreciate any help anyone can give on the matter! Thanks so much!

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Gotta have blue hair.
    • Tank + Paladin = Tankadin
Re: Just switched from an ArcadeVGA to CRT Emudriver; a few issues/questions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:13:12 am »
Did you follow the installation guide to the letter?  It looks like you might have missed something...

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1052

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 07:45:02 am »
Did you follow the installation guide to the letter?  It looks like you might have missed something...

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1052

Yes I did. To the T. The only difference being that I am on Win10.

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40:16 am »
The only other difference is I am using a J-Pac (the old one without a mini USB port on it). Could this be the problem?  Should I wire up a VGA cable that goes directly to the arcade monitor?

My number one issue is that the sound is still glitchy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:55:05 am by DaddyLongLegs »

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Gotta have blue hair.
    • Tank + Paladin = Tankadin
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 10:32:58 am »
Will windows display on your arcade monitor at all when you connect it?

When you did the EDID Emulation step maybe you didn't choose the correct port or did something else wrong.  Can you re-do those steps from the guide?

Using a JPAC doesn't matter.  Lots of us have one.

What is your PC hardware like?  Maybe it's not powerful enough to run Killer Instinct.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:38:11 am by krick »

DaddyLongLegs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:40:44 pm »
Will windows display on your arcade monitor at all when you connect it?

When you did the EDID Emulation step maybe you didn't choose the correct port or did something else wrong.  Can you re-do those steps from the guide?

Using a JPAC doesn't matter.  Lots of us have one.

What is your PC hardware like?  Maybe it's not powerful enough to run Killer Instinct.

Hi, thanks. Yes I do see an image on my arcade monitor. Most games load up fine. However I randomly picked a game called S.R.D. Mission and the image was scrolling like crazy. Is it possible this game just gives everyone a problem? Or is that a sign that something is messed up on my end?

In EDID I don't think I picked the wrong port because there is only one VGA port. However, should I consider  buying a DVI to VGA adapter and see if it says ARCADE_15 in Windows using that port instead?

The specs are the PC is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ @ 2.8ghz with 8gb of RAM. I know it's not a powerhouse but it runs Killer Instinct fine with ZERO frame drops, so I don't think it's that. I have always read that audio stuttering/hiccups was from refresh rate stuff, but maybe I read wrong?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31